Organize scripts on the site

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

JuBe

Organize scripts on the site

Post by JuBe »

I think it would be great if all the scripts which are stable and tested thoroughly (anything past beta) be listed on a page of the mediamonkey site. From there you could directly download the script, be linked to the thread about the script, sort scripts by download count (popularity), and sort through the scripts by function (tagger, auto rater, Node manipulation, etc). Every time mediamonkey started it could check this database to see I there are any updates for the user's scripts. I know there is a sticky with all the scripts posted but without organization it's hard to find something you are looking for.

If this was implemented mediamonkey would come off as much more legit and attract more users. I don't know if this is on everyones agenda but I would like to see mediamonkey gain more popularity. Everyone here at college uses iTunes which is an inferior program IMO and therefore miss the benefits of MM.

I like how for a while now we are able to install scripts with one click (rather than by copying scripts in the appropriate folder back in 2.0). I think the next step is centralizing scripts.

Afterthought: the wiki page with skins is a great start, but it seems like it's never updated. Maybe also include most popular, a category for dark and light skins? It's hard to find skins without clicking on every thread in the artwork forum.
Lowlander

Re: Organize scripts on the site

Post by Lowlander »

A central place for scripts is being worked on. Some script can already be updated within MediaMonkey itself.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Yeah, a script repository was supposed to launch shortly after MM 3.2 was released but it never went up. Not sure if the devs decided to wait for 4.0 or what, but hopefully it is coming soon.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Lowlander wrote:A central place for scripts is being worked on.
Yeah, sure. I believe in Santa Claus too ;)
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Is there any news on the script repository?

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, unfortunately it's still coming. Peke does have something up and running though.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Yes, I just noticed. If you search for it in google you will find the test site :).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).