Tracks add out of order

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

Re: Tracks add out of order

Post by rusty »

To re-iterate, afaik, this is a windows problem, and the problem occurs with iTunes, WMP, or any other player that plays tracks via the Windows Explorer.

-Rusty
anon

Post by anon »

rusty wrote:To re-iterate, afaik, this is a windows problem, and the problem occurs with iTunes, WMP, or any other player that plays tracks via the Windows Explorer.

-Rusty
this is not the case. wmp has no problems for me and mediamonkey used to not have problems. i had to reinstall it and now i have this problem as well.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Just tested on Win7 x64, and Windows Media Player and Winamp both exhibit the same behavior as MediaMonkey when attempting to open multiple tracks from within Windows Explorer. i.e. they do not play in the order in which they are selected.

-Rusty
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Windows Explorer sends files to the application starting from the file you right click on to open them. This has always been my experience with a variety of applications like image editors, office applications and media software. So if you right click on the first of the selected files to open them it should open the first file in the application.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for clarifying. Tracked at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8352

-Rusty
scotts

Post by scotts »

Just had this exact same problem-- Win 7 x64, mediamonkey golkd 4.0.7.1511. "Play now" for an album semi-randomly ordered the tracks. Running as admin fixed it.
Peter Dickson

Post by Peter Dickson »

Have the same issue with Win 8.1. The workaround I found here (When I add from a folder, I select the last song first, hold shift then select the first song, hit any of the three play options and they add fine. If I do it the other way I get missing tracks/out of order issues.) works fine, though. Thanks!

P.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Track's adding to the library out of disk order when ripped is caused by the speed of ripping the different sizes/lengths of songs on a multiple core computer. Windows will default send 1 song track to each of the cores so the shortest song finishing faster gets added before the longest song. I am wondering if this is the reason for them getting added out of order when just scanning the folders also. ?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.