magic nodes doesn't ignore prefixes

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

darchangel

magic nodes doesn't ignore prefixes

Post by darchangel »

Under Options->Appearance->Ignore prefixes when sorting by Artist, i have: dj,the. This works wonderfully for both (dj and the) in the normal nodes, however in magic nodes does not seem to do this correctly. Here is my magic node:

Code: Select all

Artist by Letter|icon:top level|child of:artist\<artist|trim:1>\<artist>\<album>
I must say, this is an awesome feature! Expecially allowing multiples and not just for 'the'. I have insane amounts of DJ mixes and 2/3 start with DJ and the other 1/3 don't and I can never remember which is which. (Now if I could just figure out how to apply a filter like this to album name and track title).

btw, I'm running v2.5.1.934 on WinXP+SP2
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well unfortunately that means making changes to the Magic Nodes script, not MM itself. This is of course possible, but whoever does it will need some SQL knowledge, and a greater understanding of the (rather large) script.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Maybe you can state your problem in the "official" MagicNodes forum: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3358

Maybe then, the author (Pablo) of the script will see it more quickly.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).