Sorting by Date Added [NOTREP]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

eric.stephani

Sorting by Date Added [NOTREP]

Post by eric.stephani »

Just switched to running 1456. I have my list of Music sorted by the date added. When I click off to a different view, or a playlist or something, I go back to Music and its no longer sorted properly. If I click the Added column header it does seem to resort properly. It also happens if I just hit F5 to refresh the view.
rusty

Re: Sorting by Date Added

Post by rusty »

I'm unable to replicate this. Anyone else observing this problem?

-Rusty
nohitter151

Re: Sorting by Date Added

Post by nohitter151 »

I also cannot reproduce this.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Re: Sorting by Date Added [NOTREP]

Post by Lowlander »

Are you in the Music Collection? What exact node are you in when you experience this?

I can't reproduce either in the Music Collections > Artist & Album Artist node for a specific Artist.
eric.stephani

Post by eric.stephani »

A while back I installed a MM4 beta. It looks like somehow that is impacting this new install.

I open MM4, the "Music" node is selected, the "Added" column is also highlighted with a down arrow next to the text. The music in the list is already out of order. I know I have added stuff since that is not at the top of the list. I click the "Added" header twice to resort it ascending and now the music that I recently is in the order as I expect. I then click on ANY other node in the list on the left, and then go back to "Music" and its out of order again.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Try doing a clean install. Some of the early betas did have some db-related issues that would be solved in this manner.

-Rusty
eric.stephani

Post by eric.stephani »

I just did a clean install and am seeing the same behavior. I noticed that it only happens when I am using "Show Art with Details" view. I think what is happening is that the list of songs is being displayed before everything is read in from the database. Which is different from MM3. I can see the count of songs in the lower left corner still counting after items are displayed. When I am on just "Show Details" view I see the songs pop in the view almost right away, and then after all the songs are read in, and the number stops counting it then looks like it does a quick resort to get the files in the right order. When I am on "Show Art with Details" it shows the files right away and will continue to count in the lower left corner but it seems like after its done reading in my whole library it doesn't resort. I have currently have 96,822 songs, so it may be difficult to reproduce on smaller libraries. I am thinking about making a video for you guys to see. I swear I am not crazy.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Eric,

Better yet, can you PM me a copy of your MM4 DB?

It's located as described here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17

I suggest zipping it up, posting it to mediafire.com, and PMing me the link.

Thanks!

-Rusty

p.s. I suspect that this may be another manifestation of: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=8678
eric.stephani

Post by eric.stephani »

Sorry for the delay. I work on a computer all day at work so when I get home sometimes I don't have the energy to make it into my home office.

It is 46 MB zipped.
eric.stephani

Post by eric.stephani »

Any results? Is the problem reproducible on your end?
VzjrZ

Post by VzjrZ »

I have this exact same problem. Music node (sorted by "Added"), Show Art with Details, F5 to refresh and the order gets mixed up. Keep F5ing and the order never gets fixed. Only by double clicking the "Added" tab does the problem gets fixed.
Very annoying switching between nodes since this causes the order of albums to next messed up.
acetone

Post by acetone »

I'm also having this exact same problem! If it helps, I also installed various beta versions previously. As per the suggestion above I tried a clean install but the problem is still there. It's quite annoying as sorting by Date Added is how I've come to use MediaMonkey. I've also tried Quick and Complete optimizations of the Maintain Library function.

Any help would be appreciated, and if any of you mods need me to play around with some settings to try and elucidate the problem I'd be more than happy to do so.
eric.stephani

Post by eric.stephani »

That's great to know that I wasn't the only one with this problem.
eric.stephani

Post by eric.stephani »

I got so frustrated with this issue that I completely deleted my mm.db file and started with a new one and had MM re-scan my folders to re-add them. I lost a lot of data, play lists, play counts, dates files were added, being the most important. Also lost a lot of settings. So I am not very happy right now that I had to do this.
eric.stephani

Post by eric.stephani »

Wow, even after toasting my library and recreating it. It is still displaying the weird sorting behavior on the Added column. Now it happens when I add some new files by dragging them on top of the "Music" collection in the media tree, and then hitting F5 to refresh. The songs no longer are sorted properly.