UNINSTALLED MediaMonkey 4.0.0.1459

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

wgardenhire

UNINSTALLED MediaMonkey 4.0.0.1459

Post by wgardenhire »

MediaMonkey Gold - Lifetime License
Delivery date: 28-OCT-2006

And I've had enough. Enough of re-entering my Gold License Key because MM no longer remembers it. Enough of waiting endlessly for the 'reading tracks' bs to go away, even though I've changed every setting possible. I totally destroyed my directory setup to accommodate MM 4 only to go back to 3x. Oh well.

Lynn
There are Angels among us.
Lowlander

Re: UNINSTALLED MediaMonkey 4.0.0.1459

Post by Lowlander »

Did you do a Portable Install of MediaMonkey 4?
wgardenhire

Post by wgardenhire »

No, just a normal install like I always do. A lot of versions have come down the pike in the last 5 years and I didn't do anything different than always. MM 4 didn't recognize any previous install and didn't import my Gold Key.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's strange as it definitely should have kept your license information on upgrade.
wgardenhire

Post by wgardenhire »

Not only would it not import my license info, it wouldn't keep it from launch to launch. BTW, I have fallen back to 3.2.5.1306 and have used the same settings and do not have to put up with extended 'reading tracks' delays. I'm sure it's just my system or something I've done or haven't done or I don't have the correct drivers or something else that I might or might not have control over; but it most certainly couldn't be the program itself, oh no. I'm still upset that it wouldn't import ANY of my settings but offered to import any setting or playlist or anything else I might want from Windows Media Player. Think about that for a moment. MM 4 could find and import from a competing product but could not do the same for itself. Wow.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Some settings due to changes will be lost from MM3 to MM4, the database can be lost when a custom DB location was used in MM3 (just setup the custom DB location again in MM4 to fix this).
wgardenhire

Post by wgardenhire »

Lowlander wrote:Some settings due to changes will be lost from MM3 to MM4, the database can be lost when a custom DB location was used in MM3 (just setup the custom DB location again in MM4 to fix this).
ALL SETTINGS DUE TO CHANGES WERE LOST - NOT SOME, ALL. DB was NOT lost, merely re-configured for use with MM4; and of course when I re-installed MM3, the DB had to be reconfigured again. One more time, for the record - MM4 did not retain ANY PRIOR SETTINGS, did not import my LICENSE KEY nor would MM4 MAINTAIN my license key from one session to another. MM3 does not have these issues.

********************************************MEDIA MONKEY 4.0.0.1459 REMAINS UNINSTALLED*************************************************