Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

heartofhate

Re: Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Post by heartofhate »

here something for the wishlist (idk if you still develop this nice addon):

maybe a button or something (that can be hidden if a user dislikes it) to edit the lyrics with one oder two clicks. i really would like to something like this because many lyrics have something like this at the end (this is because of lyricator [http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =lyricator]):

Lyrics provided by: Lyric.Wikia.com
Artist: Molly Hatchet
Track: Sweet Dixie Lyrics - Lyric Wiki - song lyrics, music lyrics(/TITLE) (!-- SASS-generated CSS file --)

i would love to remove this with just a few clicks but going to every artist and edit the lyrics via the properties takes way too long (when autodj is enabled).
gege

Post by gege »

heartofhate wrote:maybe a button or something (that can be hidden if a user dislikes it) to edit the lyrics with one oder two clicks.
This is a great idea and it's been in my to-do list for a long time, but I never got the guts neither time to face the problem, unfortunately. Someday I'll do it, I hope. :)
heartofhate

Post by heartofhate »

maybe when MM4 is out :D
sixthchild

Post by sixthchild »

SOMEBODY HELP ME AGAIN!!! :(:(:(

I'm trying to install the plug in on my desktop, i have MM 3.2.5.1306 and i can't install it!!!!

EACH TIME I START THE MM I GET THIS:

"ERROR HAPPENED DURING SCRIPT EXECUTION
A SCRIPT ENGINE FOR THE SPECIFIED LANGUAGE CAN NOT BE CREATED"

i have my MM on English language

I also have the MM 3.2.5 installed on my laptop and it worked very well...

both machines have Win 7 SP1 x64 (the x64 version on my desktop is a fresh version so i can't use a restore point) son I DON´T KNOW WHAT TO DO! I WANT THE PLUGIN TO WORK IN BOTH MACHINES BECAUSE I LOVE IT!!!!

also i've tried to use the "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" and "regsvr32 jscript.dll" command lines... though it says that the entries were succesfully registered i still get the same error :(
i've also tried to install the 1.1 version but i get the same results

HELP HEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!! i really love this plugin... i feel like my MM is naked without it
gege

Post by gege »

sixthchild wrote: HELP HEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!!!
Have you tried to install another add-on, like MonkeyRok? Please do it. I suspect this is not related to LV alone.
gege

Post by gege »

Even better, try to execute a built-in script like "Tools > Scripts > Case checker" or "File > Create reports > Statistics". If the error also happens, then you definitely have a problem you your VB engine.
sixthchild

Post by sixthchild »

like all of you said, that's the problem... mi VB engine is not working properly... any suggestions? I've searched that the VB for win7 doesn't have a redistributable version :( so i don't know what apps would fix the problem and i don't want to re install windows because a have a lot af info and no backup storage

what can i do? i'd appreciate a lot all the help you can provide... sincerely! :)
sixthchild

Post by sixthchild »

well.. i have to thank all of you who helped me to solve my problem.... sincerely thanks for all your help, patience and atention

the best solution i could find this time was to get myself a nice usb hard disk drive... save all mi files in there and reinstall completely the freaking OS.....

now it's working perfectly... i think that in long terms this was the best solution.. I imagined that if I can't install an addon now.. maybe later there will be a problem with a script for a real important program, so i decided to cut the problem off...

now there's only a lot of time to spend re installing all my programs and relocating all my stuff...

thanks again for all of you support and help
sesam

Post by sesam »

Just installed Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2, nice little extension. Though none of the themes included really go well together with the VitreousDark skin, it would be sweet if someone made a theme for it too :)
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

Hi gege.
I just loved your extension and I'm currently improving it. I hope you don't mind.
I'm changing it to search on websites for the lyrics if the mp3 file doesnt have it.
I couldn't get it to work through VBScript, so I'm creating an external app to do it.
When I finish and if you don't mind I'll post here.
:)
Best Regards.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

@ACDias, maybe these scripts can help you:

- Lyricator v1.1.1 :: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=54280
- Missing Lyrics 1.3 :: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=11762

:~)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

I've found a bug in the plugin. When the windows (7 and vista too I think) for some reason changes from Aero to Basic Theme the script stops to work.
Object required: Doc on line 206.
gege

Post by gege »

ACDias wrote:I've found a bug in the plugin. When the windows (7 and vista too I think) for some reason changes from Aero to Basic Theme the script stops to work.
Object required: Doc on line 206.
Dias, thanks for the report.
I've made some tests and I confirm the error occurs. But it's not DIRECTLY related to LV. It looks like MM kills all existing ActiveX objects when Windows theme is changed from Aero to Basic (and also the other way).

Consequently, this affects scripts like LV, MonkeyRok and WebSearch Panels and even the built-in 'Web' node. Although the latter doesn't show any error message. Its client area simply goes blank. Changing to another node and then back, brings contents again.

I'll investigate this a little more and then I'll open an issue in Mantis.
I'll also try to make LV more resilient to this error.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

I am getting errors when I switch skins in Lyrics and Comment Viewer with MM4.
The only way I can fix it is to restart MM4.