How many "lifetime license" users out there?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

dnlusa

Re: How many "lifetime license" users out there?

Post by dnlusa »

since 2007. The best music manager available today. MM4 added lots of new functionalities (I love the UPnP capabilities combined with the video management)

Where I think MM is having issues is with synchronization with portable devices, particularly smartphones. Smartphones are the majority of the devices out there and keep growing. There are always issues with iOS (not because of MM, that is true) and Android just does not sync well (too complicated, use of addons, etc)

I am preaching around that MM needs a good player for devices (android and apple, if possible, to start with) but not sure if it will ever happen.

Regards

Dnl
JoePublic

Post by JoePublic »

Count me as a lifer, too.

I found MM about 5 years ago while searching for a replacement for a player I used to like but soured on, JetAudio (paid version). Subsequently bought a MM 3 Gold license, then upgraded to a lifetime license around June of last year in anticipation of MM 4. I've been evaluating MM 4 for a couple of weeks, but for me there are still too many problems so I'll stick with MM 3 for now. I'm sure they'll get the kinks worked out eventually. I'm still running Windows XP and have my 125,000 mp3 collection stored on a 2 TB Seagate GoFlex Desktop drive.
Lifetime user

Post by Lifetime user »

Im a life time user I have been using it for a few years now, and been using MM to play music through a PA system. All my music cds have been saved in WAV format and the sound is amazing 16'000 + songs in my libary and you can find any song in an instant. Keep up the Good Work MM
Anamon

Post by Anamon »

I'm a lifetime user.

I first found out about MediaMonkey back in high school, a friend of mine (who actually could also claim to have introduced me to music itself) used it to manage his collection. So I always got to use it when we used his computer to play music at our little barbecues and stuff. That must have been around 2003-2004, version 2 back then. His collection was quite extensive, at least it was before everyone was downloading illicit music files at megabit speeds 24/7—some 50 GB I think. And I was impressed at the various cool ways you could browse the music and create playlists with MediaMonkey. It really appealed to my OCD collector and organiser side!

I must have started using it myself pretty quickly, but stayed with the Free version for quite a while. In 2007 finally I was growing more and more fond of the idea of folder monitoring and AutoPlaylists, so when I read that Lifetime License owners could try out pre-release versions of MediaMonkey 3, I finally became a Lifetime Gold user. Since then MediaMonkey always kept surprising me with its countless features, saving me from having my tags wiped by stupid other applications, etc., so over the years I came to the conclusion that MediaMonkey was the best value-for-money shareware purchase I ever made.

Of course I have always been recommending it to all my friends, and I'm happy to say that at least 2 of my personal recommendations have led to further Lifetime Gold registrations :D
mangold92

Post by mangold92 »

Lifer here,

I've been using MM for about 3 years now. It only took me about 2 weeks to decide to buy a lifetime license. I was looking for a program to help me organize my massive collection. It has definitely been love at first sight. :wink:
Dagnabulous

Post by Dagnabulous »

I used the free version for a while, waiting to see if I could find any big faults with the software. I only had a few small gripes, so when I was a 24 hour sale (I believe it was something like 50% or 75% off) due to one of the hurricanes (Sandy I think) I pounced on the lifetime license. I had actually been mulling over getting it at full price the day before, so it was a perfect coincidence.

So all in all totally worth it, even at full price. Can't wait for 4.1.