Album Art Tagger 5.2 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

unknownsoldierx

Re: Album Art Tagger 5.0 - Updated 30/07/2012

Post by unknownsoldierx »

Sorry, wasn't thinking straight. Forgot what I wanted to do, because originally I didn't want to keep the external jpgs. Got those renamed.

Thanks for all your help.
HaraldBluetooth1963

Post by HaraldBluetooth1963 »

trixmoto wrote:
HaraldBluetooth1963 wrote:Would it be possible to add "Remove linked artwork" (but not tagged) to the functionality?
Thanks. Isn't this already possible using the "05. Remove artwork not matching storage" process and then selecting the embedded option?
Okay trixmoto, but I thought embedded was the same as included in the tag. :-?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, it is.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
HaraldBluetooth1963

Post by HaraldBluetooth1963 »

trixmoto wrote:Yes, it is.
If that answer was to me, please note, that I wrote, that the linked album isn't present in the tag, but is only a path reference in MM database to the stored original Album Art file in the album folder. In MM 4.0 this is only possible, when you import new tracks and the option in Options/Library/Tags & Playlist/Image Location is set to "Save image to folder". If you add Album Art to the track after the import, MM will make it's own .thm "copies" of the original art (which is a pain).

Therefore will the embedded option in Album Art Tagger not work, because there isn't any artwork linked in the track tag, but only in MM database.
teartags

Post by teartags »

Hey There. Thanks for the script. It's saving me a huge amount of time.
I am currently extracting and deleting all embedded artwork and and creating a folder.jpg image using process #1 and <path>\<folder>. However, it is naming it -folder-. Is there a way to get rid of the "dashes" at the beginning and end? It may not be a big deal, but I want everything to be consistent as my squeezebox is fickle. Also, forgive me. I know NOTHING of scripts and it took me way too long to even figure this out!

Post by Guest »

Oops. Figured it out myself. For some reason it didn't work the first time I tried it.
thanks again for the script.
trixmoto

Re: Album Art Tagger 5.1 - Updated 23/10/2012

Post by trixmoto »

New version (5.1) is now available to download from my website. I have added image type option to extraction processes.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey »

Having problems with 5.1 :(
When I try to extract and resize external image (option 4) the file I am trying to create (folder.jpg) is shown in blue
and is not created :-? No problems with V5.0 which shows it in green as usual.
Is there a new setting hiding somewhere or is it a buglet
Everyone has the right to be stupid Image but some abuse the privilege
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, the "image type" option has been added. Have you set this to "(All)"? Assuming you want all of them, that is.
BKKKPewsey

Post by BKKKPewsey »

Ahh I can see the problem: The image type option is not displayed using option 4 "Extract & resize"
If you set it up using option 1 (setting it to "ANY") then option 4 will then work :)
Everyone has the right to be stupid Image but some abuse the privilege
scott967

Post by scott967 »

Thanks for the update. Had a problem before of ensuring I got the cover.

scott s.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll get that fixed in the next version.
THRobinson

Post by THRobinson »

This is great!

I screwed my database up a bit, came across this and saved me a LOT of work.

I noticed it had an image extract/resize option, just wondered, is there a way to resize the image in the tag? I have a folder of about 1,000 singles and ideally I want to batch process and have all images resized to exactly 400x400 ignoring aspect ratio... I'm fine with a little distortion, just seems that more often than not the files are 3-4 pixels shorter on one side.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

No directly, but you could export them and resize them, then embed them as a separate step.
THRobinson

Post by THRobinson »

Any suggestions on a good easy way?

I see that I can export as a specific size, and name after different fields... just wondering which field would be best and cause the least screw ups when importing them again. For example, export based on ID?

Album wise won't be so much an issue... I'm looking more at a large folder of random singles that could potentially create some headache.