Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Blutarsky

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.1 (2012-11-10)

Post by Blutarsky »

Bex wrote: 4. Make sure that the old track and the new tracks are in exact same order.
To achieve this, I should:
- run your script looking for duplicates (title and artist)
- your script return pairs of duplicated tracks
- inspect each pair, transferring special data and playlists accordingly

Correct?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Well, I would recommend you to just install the script, read the first post and try it out! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it then. It is not that complicated.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

Allready installed at the moment I have tested it for duplicates. :wink:
Bex

Post by Bex »

Good!
Did you you manage to sort it all out?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Vincent Valentine

Post by Vincent Valentine »

Hi, I got a question for ya.

I scanned my library with MediaMonkey because it's full of duplicates and it listed something like 1681 songs that do have two, three or way more copies (not a coincidence actually, i had music spread over twenty? different devices and copied them all on one computer to be able to find out duplicates.. strategic move)..

Now what I want to do is scan the whole library for duplicates or use the already-performed-scan by MediaMonkey, search for duplicates with the same hash files as the original ending with (2) in that selection and let the program automatically delete them..

BUT.. I don't want to delete duplicates ending with (2) which don't have the same hash files as the original (different songs with same title)

Artist - Song
Artist - Song (2) - different hash file - NO DELETE

Artist - Song
Artist - Song (2) - same hash file - DELETE

Does your program do what i need ? And, in that case, might you explain how to do that step by step ? :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi Vincent Valentine,

Sorry but the script can't do what you want out of the box, but you can achieve what you want if it's possible to put all files that ends with (2) in a playlist. (I.e. search for them and put them in a playlist.) Which you then use in the "Create Keep/Delete Suggestion Nodes".

Install the script, read the first post and try it out. I'm sure you will figure out how it works.

All My Scripts
Vincent Valentine

Thanks for the immediate reply, I'll make sure to try it out tomorrow, haven't checked if there was a search function yet and if i could check out duplicates related to the files in that selection.. if that's possible then wonderful, all my problems are solved. :)
Vincent Valentine

Well I said I'd have tried the day after but much more time passed, I'm sorry ^^

Anyway, I found an easier way to solve my problem:

First i cut out all of the unique songs (this one's easy, i cut the ones i want to work on and put them somewhere safe deleting 'em from my music collection, then i do the same with the ones remaining and my music collection is empty.. and then i re-add the ones with the same hash files and they're the only songs in my music collection).

Then i could finally search for the ones that end with a number between parenthesis out of the whole and delete them.

... wasn't hard after all, sometimes we just make things harder and harder working on special features and add-on (talking about myself here, who thought about what to do exploring all of the features bundled) when the solution is much more simple.

So I installed your script and didnt need it in the end - not a problem though, It'll come in handy in the future. :)

Thanks again for your help. :)
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

The script is AWESOME! I have finally got used to it, and it rocks! :D
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thank you! :)

All My Scripts
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

I couldn't find a way to look for duplicates (mostly the title of a track) within the same playlist.... any hint?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes, in "Custom Duplicate Search" simply set the playlist by clicking on the "General Playlist"-button.

All My Scripts
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

Did'nt see that big button :D Thanks!!!

Is there a way to select all playlists? Should perform a duplicate search per-playlist (find duplicates in each playlist)
Bex

Post by Bex »

No, It's one playlist at the time. What you could do is to create one playlist of all other playlists and use that one in the script. To make all this easier check out this script:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=39589
With that installed you can see which playlists contains the dupes directly in the browser.

All My Scripts
Blutarsky

Post by Blutarsky »

Thank you :D