ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

You have to run the script on the newest version of MediaMonkey: 2.5.2

Currently, you will have to download version 2.5.2 BETA 1 to make it work. As you can see, it's a beta version and could contain some unfixed bugs (but it also fixes some earlier bugs).

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Thanks Steegy, your answer covers me!!! :lol:
I am waiting for your comments too....

Judas, i like both of your suggestions, will be implemented in the next version. As for the problem you describe, i think that there must be an easy way to do this. I will think of it and answer you tomorrow (since is 4 am here now, and i have been DJing for 5 hours, my head is a shaker!!!)

Bex, i like your suggestion too. Definitely on the to do list. I think that i will do it when i will code the "offline" mode since both functions will have a lot in common

And finally...
ImageImageImageImageImage

Thanks to everyone for your good words and the support. That certainly is the main reason to continue improving this script....

Goodnight, see you tomorrow
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

The code runs quite good, the idea and implementation seems excellent!

One bug with this combination (about line 275):
n = Playlist.Tracks.Count
i = Int(n * Rnd + 1)

I get errors here, the i seems to be too big for the playlist sometimes. I tried to solve it by using n = Playlist.Tracks.Count - 1 instead, but maybe you can also change i = Int(n * Rnd) with the same effect.
I didn't try any further a lot to see if the error really doesn't exist anymore.

Well, it's 2:50 in the night so I'll go sleeping (you probably notice from my language). We'll see tomorrow...

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
judas

:-)

Post by judas »

Just to say once again:

[quote:Bex]It's almost to good to be true. I dont know if I should listen to the suggested song or click to the next one, just to see what comes up.
[/quote]

I thought i was the only one...i just wish i had a bigger library!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Steegy you are right, Int(n*Rnd) should work better. This change will be included in the new version.

Thanks a lot...
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

Sometimes an error occur in line 290 col 3
Error # 424 Object required “SongObj”

But for me the error is not repeatable.
Perhaps you have an idea what I have to look for?
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Although still not sure, seems like this error occurs whenever Last.FM returns strange results (e.g. Empty Title, yes this happens).
I will try to isolate it and fix it.
Thanks for reporting it
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

FYI: This may be the same problem I have posted. It's probably the i that gets to big (out of index error) for the playlist, and returns a Null, Nothing, Empty or whatever...
In the function where you check accessibility, the error about the "SongObj" occurs because the SongObj that is received through the method call is not what it should be.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Hmmm, Steegy you are right....
Thats it....
I will post updated code imidiatelly
Thanks man :lol:
julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek »

Wow! This is awsome!

And it really does work, I have heard songs that I havnt listen to for a while!

What would be really good would be for this to be implimented as part of the Auto-DJ feature in MM. For instance, instead of MM randomly selecting tracks from the library or playlists, you can select it so that it will select artists from Last.fm!

That would be cool. Developers I hope you are listening!
Julian aka julzcompufreek
"Dancing is a contact sport; football is a Hitting sport." - Vince Lombardi
Visit My Blog - http://kompufreak.wordpress.com
martyrs

ScrobblerDJ

Post by martyrs »

Fantastic script - played some tracks and artists I didn't know I had!! :D

martyrs
Peke

Post by Peke »

1000% agreed. Sometimes it just make strange selections but unnoticable.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Love the script, so far my only suggestion is a user selectable number of queued songs.

IE instead of just queuing one song from lastfm/library, let the user select queue 1-10 or so.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Just had another idea..

It would be cool if you could add this script to the "Play" menu where the 'auto-dj, shuffle, and continuous' play options are.

This could solve 2 problems with one solution... how to see if last.fm-dj is enabled, and to disable auto-dj and shuffle (auto disable them when selecting last.fm-dj).
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Psyxonova,

I'm at my dorm now, and there are 2 things here.
1) My external hard drive: with my large collection of music, your script simply *rocks!!*. It finds most songs that are suggested by Last.FM. It even "surfs" through several genres after a long time of usage, just too give me some different things for me not to get bored. I guess that's maybe not directly the intention, but I really think it can be very cool!

2) Slow internet connection: unfortunately your script connects 2 times to Last.FM per song (well, that can't be changed), and with the sometimes very slow internet connection here (at my dorm before 19h = 7pm), MediaMonkey can lock up for a long while until the xml retrieval times out and fails, and the script continues.
At home, that's never a problem, but I have heard that some people on this forum have very slow internet access, so maybe this might be a problem for them.
Therefor, I suggest you to try to get the xml info through an asynchronous connection. (you know, the "xmlDoc.async = TRUE" thing). That would make MM much more stable (as it actually should be) but will take some more programming work and multi-threading can be a pain in the axe (or how is it called? :wink: ).

Anyway, I tried your new piece of art and think it's great! Keep up the good work you're doing.

Cheers
Steegy