ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

You sir are a flippin genius. I was doubtful at first but I tried it out. I was listening to a CD and when it ran out this script started wandering through music that was damned close to the style, then jumped over to another style that was close and started wandering though that. Very very natural progression and kept me listening. I salute you.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

First of all,

thanks to everybody, you are really helping me on doing that script much better.
After carefully reviewing everything you suggested i came up with a list of things that will be implemented in the new version (~about 10 days from now)
  1. Asynchronous retrieval of XML data: In the beginning it was my intention to make a script that could work asynchronous and with timeout settings etc. It turned out to be quite a lot of job so i postponed it. Time has come to do it though. Thanks to Steegy I now have enough info to do it as good as possible
  2. Add more than 1 songs every time: this would be a really useful addition, but it would take longer time for the script to come up with results and perhaps the songs wont be as good as now. The reason for this is pretty simple, the script must connect several times with Last.fm but i must limit this since Last.FM says that you must not connect with it more than one time per second. So the best solution would be to get a list of related artists only once and then get the top tracks of (e.g) 5 of the related artists. But this way there is a possibility that the artists might not be related with each other. Anyway, i would make this optional so you can still use it as now.
  3. Check if Artist's tracks are accessible: The way it is now, script selects an artist that exist in your library and then tries to add one of his top tracks. If it cant find them it will add one of the tracks you own. But if you have a lot of files (especially compilations) on CDs\DVDs then script finds the artist in your library and proceeds but then it cant find any accesible track of him and thus adds a track from the default playlist :x . In new version the script will check if the artist has accessible songs before it queries last.fm for his top tracks. If it cant find any accessible track it will pick up another related artist until it comes up with an accessible one. I am pretty sure that this way the number of the tracks added from the default playlist will be drastically reduced.
  4. Add ScrobblerDJ under play menu:This will be very useful. Also, i will add a tick-mark to know if is on\off instantly. As for turning off Auto-DJ and Shuffle automatically, this will be really easy to implement once those properties are accesible from scripts (that is in 2.5.2)
That is for now, more thing will be added in newer versions so keep up coming with ideas
judas

Post by judas »

Sounds goooddd...!!!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Another idea, check to see if song has been played recently (hour, day, week, etc) and skip it if it has.

Had a couple instances where I picked up a repeated song that had played recently.

edit: Bonita Applebum - A Tribe Called Quest 3 times today!

:lol:
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Teknojnky, if you have a look at my very first post you will see that this is allready on the to-do list. But in my previous post i described the things i wll do for the next version only, in later versions your request will be included
powerpill-pacman

Post by powerpill-pacman »

Oh man,
this is really the greatest thing since MM and Audiscrobbler! :D
I've got one idea: Quite a lot of my songs don't have their volume analyzed. Would it be possible to check whether they are and if not will, before being played (do you understand what i mean?)?
Bbtw it works fine for me, no error so far.

Thank you for this great script.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

powerpill-pacman wrote:Oh man,
this is really the greatest thing since MM and Audiscrobbler! :D
I've got one idea: Quite a lot of my songs don't have their volume analyzed. Would it be possible to check whether they are and if not will, before being played (do you understand what i mean?)?
Thank you very much for your nice words.
As for you request, i really dont see how it is connected with the ScrobbleDJ.
MM can analyze your tracks, no need for a script that can do that...
powerpill-pacman

I know that MM can do it, but when i add tracks to a playlist i check whether they are analyzed and when your scriptt does, i'd like it to check, too - but if not it's still just marvelous!!!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

@ psy, Ooops I totally forgot that after I read it, sorry! :oops:

@ powerpill, If you have Magic Nodes script installed in MM, you can a node for levelling. This will show unleveled tracks under 'unknown' and you can just select them all and analyis/level them.

Code: Select all

Leveling\<Leveling>
If you don't have magic nodes, just search the forum for it there is all kinds of info posted.
powerpill-pacman

thanx, i have MN and will try that.
edit: i get the same error that holterpolter mentioned on page two (about one of ten tracks?).
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Hmm, pls copy and paste the code from the post again. I think that bug has been eliminated (hopefully)
powerpill-pacman

it is:
Error #424 - Laufzeitfehler in Microsoft VBScript
Objekt erforderlich: 'SongObj'
File: "C:\Programme\MediaMonkey\Scripts\ScrobblerDJ.vbs", Line: 290, Column:3

Rough Translation following:
Error #424 - Runtime error in Microsoft VBScript
object needed: 'SongObj'
File: "C:\Programme\MediaMonkey\Scripts\ScrobblerDJ.vbs", Line: 290, Column:3

this message is followed by (after clicking OK):
Error happened during script execution:
Objekt erforderlich: 'SongObj'

-------------

I had another error-message, but only with one track so far which i can't reproduce now (i could for two times), the message was something like:
Can't draw (on?) canvas.
Then MM freezed but continued to play the song.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

What i meant is copy the code for the script from the original post and paste it again inside ScrobblerDJ.vbs, this bug has been corrected.
Plz do that and if the error persists then i will look into it again.

:D Thanks again
powerpill-pacman

I'm sorry to say that i have the same error now...
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Hmm, thanks for the feedback, i will look into it again...