MediaMonkey for Windows 8 Metro App

Moderator: Gurus

PetrCBR

Re: MediaMonkey for Windows 8 Metro App

Post by PetrCBR »

When you open 'Settings\Scan for media", what folders do you have there ? You can delete them and select folders where you have media files.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

PetrCBR wrote:When you open 'Settings\Scan for media", what folders do you have there ? You can delete them and select folders where you have media files.
I don't have anything added to the options in MM besides the default Music and Video settings. I even uninstalled and then reinstalled, and checked 'Settings\Scan for media" to verify that only the defaults were there, but MM immediately detected the \\Gittins\music path and started scanning it. I have no idea how it even found the \\Gittins share. I don't have it mapped on the RT computer. BTW, "\\Gittins" is a Windows Home Server 2011 based system, if that make any difference.

I've posted a screenshot here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=4 ... IY0BE9F3q4

BTW, aside from this issue which I'm sure is something goofy I've done on my end, the MM RT Metro app looks absolutely terrific. Better than anything else by a country mile for what it does. Considering this is the first version out of the gate, it's pretty impressive. Kudos to the team!!
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Haven't you set home sharing on RT ? Somehow system assigned your server to Music (or Video) group.
ShadowXhawk

Post by ShadowXhawk »

PetrCBR wrote:Can you send me example file (petr <att> mediamonkey <dot> com)?
Here is an mp3 file with embedded art that does not display in MM8 for me: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5775935/01%20-% ... 20sign.mp3
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

PetrCBR wrote:Haven't you set home sharing on RT ? Somehow system assigned your server to Music (or Video) group.
Not sure what you mean. RT cannot actually share anything though I did join it to the Homegroup. Is MM going to scan everything on all my computers in my Homegroup? That's not good.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Thanks ShadowXhawk,

reproduced and will be fixed in next release.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Darryl_Gittins,

by default, MM8 is scanning system Music and Video folders. System somehow added your server to this system Music folder (it's actually not a folder, but group of folders). Solution is to remove Music from folders to scan and move your media to any custom folder (like c:\MyMedia) and select this folder to scan.
ShadowXhawk

Post by ShadowXhawk »

PetrCBR wrote:Thanks ShadowXhawk,

reproduced and will be fixed in next release.
Good to know, thanks for looking into this PetrCBR!

What ended up being the issue?
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

PetrCBR wrote:Darryl_Gittins,

by default, MM8 is scanning system Music and Video folders. System somehow added your server to this system Music folder (it's actually not a folder, but group of folders). Solution is to remove Music from folders to scan and move your media to any custom folder (like c:\MyMedia) and select this folder to scan.

OK, it looks like all the music on the Windows Home Server computer was in the \users\public\music folder, and both Windows Home Server and Windows 8 RT are in the same homegroup so MM wanted to scan those files. I removed the file from the server folder and then used Task Manager to end the MediaMonkey process on the RT computer. I restarted MM and it no longer wants to scan the server.
Another question? Of course now I have a lot of dead links in MM RT. Is there a trick to removing those or do I need to uninstall\reinstall?

Thanks for the help!
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Darryl_Gittins,

open artist view (for example), select artist and tap on 'Delete' button in bottom app bar.
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

PetrCBR wrote:Darryl_Gittins,

open artist view (for example), select artist and tap on 'Delete' button in bottom app bar.
Thanks, but that would take a long time. Much faster to uninstall then reinstall.

Another odd thing about this is that there are videos on the same Windows Home Server computer in the \users\public\video folder but MM didn't insist on indexing those. Crazy computers!

Anyway, awesome app as I said. This is going to be fun to watch as it develops. Nice work by the team!
murki

Post by murki »

Guest wrote:
murki wrote:Hi!
I read that the MediaMonkey App has been released? Well, not in my store :/
Is that possible? Are there different stores for different regions or plattforms? I am using Win8 on my PC. In Germany.
Go to download page on this site and get mm for pc's running windows i believe the app is for the win phone and hand held devices with win8.
well, I of course have the normal MediaMonkey Software. However I'd like to test the metro app. I assume it is simpler as the "full" version and in some situations I like a more simple media player. Also to be honest I actually do like the Metro surface ;)

So... does anyone have an idea why the app does not appear in my store?
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Did you tried to search in store (swipe from right edge and select search while in store) ?
murki

Post by murki »

of course I did.
But fixed the problem now. Normally WIndows filters the displayed apps and displays only those that are available in the system language. This can be changed in the store options.
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

Any resolution for the Hiss experienced in the Dell XPS 10?