MediaMonkey for Windows 8 Metro App

Moderator: Gurus

PetrCBR

Re: MediaMonkey for Windows 8 Metro App

Post by PetrCBR »

Rick, we've added option to disable all audio processing (so hopefully it will work for you).
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

Thank you! Will it be available through update?
PetrCBR wrote:Rick, we've added option to disable all audio processing (so hopefully it will work for you).
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Yes it will be available as a update. Hopefully it will be in store soon.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
HeinzDo

Post by HeinzDo »

I am very pleased that this app exists now, but ...
The scan my 7134 MP3'2 lasted 3 hours, also because MM8 crashed always.
And also after that MM8 crashes here you up sometimes.

Oh my god. MM8 needs 1236,5MB RAM here. :o

http://imageshack.us/f/713/unbenannteyl.png/
Last edited by HeinzDo on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

HeinzDo: we probably cannot do much with the speed, because file read operation in WinRT is a lot slower than in classic Windows, I was already talking about it with Microsoft. They say, it is expected, because some additional privileges handling :-/
Could you observe when exactly the application crashes? Is it related only to some files or is it completely random?
HeinzDo

Post by HeinzDo »

But 1236,5 MB RAM?
That can not be .. Sorry, but it is not usable.
And I have no Windows 8 RT, but a normal Windows 8 64-bit.

Oh, and one more thing.
I can only end MM8 by the Taksmanager.
Top handle with pull down does not work. MM8 remains in memory.
Intel Core i5-750, 4GB RAM, ATi Radeon HD 5770, Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
MediaMonkey: Desktop 4.10.1624 / Windows 8 App 1.01.27
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

The RAM is not OK, we will look at it. It seems to be related to the long scan.
The file read speed is related to all Modern UI (Metro) applications, not only WinRT, I was not exact.

Closing - check application settings (right menu) - Authorizations - Lock screen, forbid running on the background.
HeinzDo

Post by HeinzDo »

OK, now runs MM8 quite well, but still consumes too much RAM.
There are now about 350MB.
Other players here use about 70MB.
But can live with that already.
Intel Core i5-750, 4GB RAM, ATi Radeon HD 5770, Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
MediaMonkey: Desktop 4.10.1624 / Windows 8 App 1.01.27
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

PetrCBR wrote:Darryl_Gittins,

by default, MM8 is scanning system Music and Video folders. System somehow added your server to this system Music folder (it's actually not a folder, but group of folders). Solution is to remove Music from folders to scan and move your media to any custom folder (like c:\MyMedia) and select this folder to scan.
Another thing I realized is that I had the Music folder from the \\server\public\music added to the Music library on the Surface. I think that's why it insisted on scanning those folders.

Now that I understand this behaviour, I see it as a useful feature. If you want to add network content to the MM RT app, just add the network folders you want to the Media Libraries on the W8 RT device. That's actually very useful!

Thanks as always - MM rocks!!
Moellz

Post by Moellz »

Hi MediaMonkey team,

You did a really awesome job! But is it or will it be possible to sync the app with your library on the same device (non RT) without using wifi? Or even make the app able to use the dekstop database? So I could edit my songs in the desktop app and use autorate to rate them and the data will be sync'd to the gorgeous metro app.
Moellz

Post by Moellz »

Oh, that was'nt precise... I've meant that e.g the play history and play counts from the RT-App should be recognised by the Desktop app. Ratings are compatible with the RT-App already :)
Moellz

Post by Moellz »

I've found some other bugs...
The Live-Tile and notifications don't seem to work when the played track has an embedded cover.
And genres from my .m4a tracks are not recognised and the app shows random genres for them.
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

Update on the hiss. Over the weekend I uninstalled all of the music apps that I had previously tried, including the XBox Music app and Media Monkey. I restarted the tablet and re-installed MediaMonkey. I restarted again after installing MM. When I loaded MM, I turned all the switches to "off" including the volume leveling feature. When I played a song, it had the hiss. I went in and turned "volume leveling" on again, restarted the tablet and to my surprise every song I played from MM played flawlessly!

I was so excited to finally get to use MM. This morning I turned the tablet on, loaded MM and the hiss has returned. I am now done with messing with it, and I hope the previously stated update will remedy this issue - I have to admit I am more frusterated that I can't use it because it is so robust. I went on a 4 hour crusade this morning looking for other apps that are even close - but as you may guess - no luck. Very frusterated with Microsoft right now
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Ricker101 wrote:Update on the hiss. Over the weekend I uninstalled all of the music apps that I had previously tried, including the XBox Music app and Media Monkey. I restarted the tablet and re-installed MediaMonkey. I restarted again after installing MM. When I loaded MM, I turned all the switches to "off" including the volume leveling feature. When I played a song, it had the hiss. I went in and turned "volume leveling" on again, restarted the tablet and to my surprise every song I played from MM played flawlessly!

I was so excited to finally get to use MM. This morning I turned the tablet on, loaded MM and the hiss has returned. I am now done with messing with it, and I hope the previously stated update will remedy this issue - I have to admit I am more frusterated that I can't use it because it is so robust. I went on a 4 hour crusade this morning looking for other apps that are even close - but as you may guess - no luck. Very frusterated with Microsoft right now
So the hiss returned, ?
It is telling me that windows is turning off the auto volume leveling feature of mm is there any setting for the op system on the tablet that allows for user adjustments to audio settings that are built in to the op. Like on board sound has in the desktops, or the cellphones have for their built-in sound drivers. If so then find that setting that is turning off mm's setting, it could be one made to protect the sound chip in the tablet?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Ricker101

Post by Ricker101 »

Interesting - never thought about looking into that. I will check it and let you know
rovingcowboy wrote:
Ricker101 wrote:Update on the hiss. Over the weekend I uninstalled all of the music apps that I had previously tried, including the XBox Music app and Media Monkey. I restarted the tablet and re-installed MediaMonkey. I restarted again after installing MM. When I loaded MM, I turned all the switches to "off" including the volume leveling feature. When I played a song, it had the hiss. I went in and turned "volume leveling" on again, restarted the tablet and to my surprise every song I played from MM played flawlessly!

So the hiss returned, ?
It is telling me that windows is turning off the auto volume leveling feature of mm is there any setting for the op system on the tablet that allows for user adjustments to audio settings that are built in to the op. Like on board sound has in the desktops, or the cellphones have for their built-in sound drivers. If so then find that setting that is turning off mm's setting, it could be one made to protect the sound chip in the tablet?