MediaMonkey for Windows 8 Metro App

Moderator: Gurus

napoca

Re: MediaMonkey for Windows 8 Metro App

Post by napoca »

MiPi wrote:
napoca wrote: OK, I can't wait until next version and thanks for quick answer.
Just please be patient, not all bugs will be fixed in the next release :-) Next release should include fix of album art reading from MP3, reading artwork from FLAC will be probably in the subsequent release after, together with huge memory optimizations.
I don't think I have that patience :). This is the best looking app in it's category I've seen so far and it's quite frustrating not being able to fully enjoy it.

Anyhow, I appreciate the effort you put into releasing this one and I understand it cannot be perfect from the very beginning. I also understand you have priorities and unfortunately flac users is not one right now. I converted some albums to MP3 but still no luck, ratings are OK now but still no artwork, probably has to do with the size of the artwork embedded in original flac files. Meanwhile I am going to use MM in desktop mode and hope for the best - my fingers seems to be too thick for this screen size.
Darryl_Gittins

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

I second that "This is the best looking app in it's category". Nice job!

Has anyone tested to see if you can add music tracks from an SD card to MM RT without having to engage the hackery described here?
http://winsupersite.com/article/windows ... pps-144658

MMRT instantly found the music on my SD card, but I already had applied Paul Thurrott's hack. I'd like to know if MM RT needs the hack but I don't want to undo the hack to find out.

(OK, I'm lazy!)
napoca

Post by napoca »

Darryl_Gittins wrote:Has anyone tested to see if you can add music tracks from an SD card to MM RT without having to engage the hackery described here?
http://winsupersite.com/article/windows ... pps-144658

MMRT instantly found the music on my SD card, but I already had applied Paul Thurrott's hack. I'd like to know if MM RT needs the hack but I don't want to undo the hack to find out.
I don't have a tablet with Windows RT anymore, exchanged it for one with Windows 8. I tried to include a folder located on the SD card to Music library and I got the message that "the folder cannot be included because it's on a removable device", so I assume you can keep the hack.
jiri

Post by jiri »

This became quite a monster thread where it's hard to find any relevant information, so please start a new thread for any particular problem/question you might have.

To answer some questions raised here:
- SD cards scanning works well in MM8, there isn't any known issue
- Stability issues - will be resolved in the next release

Jiri
ShadowXhawk

Post by ShadowXhawk »

PetrCBR wrote:Thanks ShadowXhawk,

reproduced and will be fixed in next release.
Hi PetrCBR - thanks for addressing this issue. I installed the latest release of MM8 last night and most of my mp3 album art are now showing up. However, there are a few that are still not displaying, they show up fine on MM desktop and Xbox Music. An example of a mp3 file still with the issue is here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5775935/Break%2 ... 0world.mp3

If you guys need me to open new thread on this instead, just let me know.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Thank ShadowXhawk,

will be fixed in next release.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
Renwick

Post by Renwick »

Hi, I have just loaded up the app on my Samsung 500T. All files loaded onto micro sd card play OK but as is the case with other users, most cover art is missing except it seems the ones which I have manually scanned. The artwork does come through through on XBMC and Windows Media player with I performed the original rip of the CD's. The app performs extremely well with uPnP access for streaming over home network from my NAS for which all the small thumbnails come through without exception.

I too appreciate this is relatively new product and you are continuing to work on the getting it up to speed. Keep up the good work and really looking forward your sorting this problem out.

Post by Guest »

My Metro app shows none of my playlists and playing in the metro app does not update the playcount in the desktop app. Is this normal?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:My Metro app shows none of my playlists and playing in the metro app does not update the playcount in the desktop app. Is this normal?
yes
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

Well I would please like it to not be.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Next version will support playlists. Play count cannot be updated directly because it uses different database than desktop version (only Wifi sync can update play counts).
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
rusty

Post by rusty »

Locking this thread because it's almost impossible to navigate, and it'd be easier if new threads were created to cover individual issues.

-Rusty