Scanning process never ends [#10166]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

cjyoda78

Scanning process never ends [#10166]

Post by cjyoda78 »

I loaded this onto my droid razr and when the app loads it never finds any music files the little circle just keeps spinning. i have 50 songs on as a test that i synced wired with media monkey 4.1. it also won't wireless sync because "background processes are running" but i'd like it to find music first off. Any help would be appreciated
Last edited by rusty on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Split from wrong topic
Lowlander

Re: MediaMonkey for Android FAQ

Post by Lowlander »

cjyoda78

Post by cjyoda78 »

Im using .75 but also tried .71 and .74 before it followed the thread you mentioned and had no luck deleting the files
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

You have any system tools on your droid ? If so clean the cache see if it works then,?
If no tools then go download 1tap cache cleaner use it to clean the junk out,.
I found my phone works better keeping it cleaned have lots of memory to use after i clean it out, also get the free task killer that you want i use the one called white killer, nothing strange with that name the authors name is white.
Of course your phone might need other apps as you know they dont all work on every phone. But get free tools to clean system.. (NEVER get any that say they defrag android systems because flash memory dont need defragmented.)

See if that helps you and post back to let us know.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rusty

Re: Scanning process never ends [#10166]

Post by rusty »

Hi,

The issue is tracked at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10166

A temporary workaround for many users was to delete the /MediaMonkey directory on your device.

-Rusty
cjyoda78

Post by cjyoda78 »

I have tried deleting the folder on all versions. I also tried deleting all programs caches using the suggested program. Still no luck.
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

So that eliminates lack of memory keeping it spinning, has got to be something in the coding then.
Hopefully rusty or who ever it gets assigned to can get it figured out fast for you. 8)
lilpaox

Post by lilpaox »

I've got the same issues on my droid bionic.
Constantly scanning but it never finds any of the songs on my device.
I also can't seem to set up the wifi sync I just keep getting the "sync is waiting for other background operations to complete" and it never goes away.
I've tried deleting the mediamonkey folder and clearing the cache as well to no avail.
cjyoda78

Post by cjyoda78 »

Just wanted to update that I also have the wireless syncing message as well but i assumed the "other processes" was the scanning processes
Meganknight

Post by Meganknight »

Just to report that despite the claim that this issue is resolved (at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10166) I am still getting this problem.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 (P3100), Android Version 4.0.3, fully patched Windows 7. Media Monkey 4.1.0.1624 (Portable Mode), Android App version 1.0.1.0100

I have deleted the MediaMonkey folder, and my cache is so squeaky clean you could eat your dinner off it.

Only possible confound: both my internal and external drives in the tablet are fully encrypted, a requirement of the exchange server settings my employer insists on. I know this has caused some problems with other apps in the past.

Post by Guest »

I'm having the same issue, scanning never stops spinning, most tracks are shown, but only a handful show album art, various fields such as genre and playlists show tracks, then suddenly they don't. Plus playcounts are not sync'd back to MMW, I presume this is because MMA isn't completing it's initial scan and the database isn't being correctly populated. This is using MMW 1624 and MMA 100 on a Samsung Galaxy S2 sync'd to the SD card. As far as I can tell MMW behaves correctly, syncing the correct number of files, and updating files as track edits and plays in MMW change things. I've tried uninstalling MMA and wiping Mediamonkey databases both from the phone and SD card but on reinstallation the same result.

Adrian.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I had reported this problem earlier on my Samsung GS3. But since beta .0100 I have not see this issue.

Using USB. I plug in my phone, the circle starts spinning and after a bit it goes away.

Samsung Galaxy S3
Win7 current patches
MM Beta 1624
MMA .0100
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Acemac

Post by Acemac »

just tried MMA 102, after uninstalling and clearing cache and mediamonkey folders from from phone and SD card before installing, scan still spins repeatedly, picks up one track only and album art changes to pick up random albums art. Restarting phone had no effect.

This is a problem that I had on one of the earliest builds of MMA. I persisted with MMA through various versions till other problems added to it and I gave up for a while till build 100, I know this is only a beta, but I've continuously run into one problem after another and frustration is setting in. I'm not complaining as I am well aware it is still under construction, just saying.

Samsung Galaxy S2, Andoid 4.0.4 if that is any help.

Adrian.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Just loaded 102, was still using 100 because the Thread at the top of the section was not updated when 102 came out ...

I have about 4070 songs no the phone. Uninstalled app, deleted MM folders from phone and sd card. Installed 102.

It took a really long time for it to recreate it's database on the phone ... was worried that it was back to spinning forever ... but eventually stopped spinning.

I am connnected through usb if that makes a difference (?). Things appear to be good now.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Acemac

Post by Acemac »

Tried leaving it scanning for hours but with no joy at all, still the same problem.

Adrian.