Req: Last.fm scrobbling [#10167]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

Re: Req: Last.fm scrobbling [#10167]

Post by Barry4679 »

mcow wrote:I've never used a scrobbler on Android other than the last.fm app. Is there a good reason to try one of the other options?
The last.fm one did the job, didn't open any windows, didn't even put an icon in the status bar.
Simple Last.fm is worth a try. I downloaded it today when I couldn't get either of the other two option to scrobble UPnP plays successfully.

It has battery saving options, ie. scrobble each track, or after 10 tracks, etc, also scrobble at album end. Also a cache, with a scrobble on wifi only, or non-roaming option. You can optionally review the cache prior to scrobbling.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

Barry4679 wrote:
mcow wrote:I've never used a scrobbler on Android other than the last.fm app. Is there a good reason to try one of the other options?
The last.fm one did the job, didn't open any windows, didn't even put an icon in the status bar.
Simple Last.fm is worth a try. I downloaded it today when I couldn't get either of the other two option to scrobble UPnP plays successfully.

It has battery saving options, ie. scrobble each track, or after 10 tracks, etc, also scrobble at album end. Also a cache, with a scrobble on wifi only, or non-roaming option. You can optionally review the cache prior to scrobbling.
simple last.fm is a good choice :)
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
mcow

Post by mcow »

I've been getting mostly double-scrobbles with the Simple scrobbler, so I've turned it off and turned last.fm back on.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

mcow wrote:I've been getting mostly double-scrobbles with the Simple scrobbler, so I've turned it off and turned last.fm back on.
I initially got that too. In my case it was caused by the SLS Support option in the official LFM scrobbler being set on. It was causing the official scrobbler to echo scrobbles sent to the Simple Scrobbler interface.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

jiri wrote:Note that we plan to add support for some Android scrobblers in MMA soon.
Jiri
Are you planning to do this for UPnP plays too?

Currently UPnP plays only get scrobbled when MMW is the source.

MMW is my source of choice, but I power off my PC each evening. I usually like to unwind, after that, with an album via an android tablet and a pair of bluetooth headphones. This is available to me as I also have a UPnP server on my NAS.

If I use MMA I get no scrobbling, so at present I have to fall back to BubbleUPnP, which does scrobble UPnP.

I realise that my MMW playcount won't be credited, but I use LFM as my master source for play history, as it collects plays from across all of my platforms. I then overwrite the MMW plays with LFM data, so that I can use MMW indices to identify albums which have fallen out of recent rotation.
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

Now that the latest version has broken wifi sync does anyone have a copy of the apk install file for the one where scrobbling is enabled as the latest one on the forum does not scrobble - I think it''s version 120 and scrobbling was introduced in 121 (I think)?