What the *&^% is with all this Kitchen crap??

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

What the *&^% is with all this Kitchen crap??

Post by dtsig »

So ... i get spam and the stupidity of it. But really .. is this *HGTV* site or ???
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
rovingcowboy

Re: What the *&^% is with all this Kitchen crap??

Post by rovingcowboy »

i went through and reported about 50 of them last night it is not a spam bot because it is always different names posting the same link, so its one spammer causing trouble.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hmm than why I'm not seeing them?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

because as fast as i can report them lowlander is removing them. some times he gets them removed before i report them that always mess'es up my browser and sends it to the old asci page instead of this pretty fourm web page. 8)

but it is showing up the other night i stayed in the forum 3 hours and the spammer kept coming in while i was here so i just kept reporting them but no mod showed up until the next morning i guess sometime after this post was made.
where by then there was about another 25 more of the spamming messages. :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

We do our best to remove spam as quickly as possible, but we can't monitor the site 24/7.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
jiri

Post by jiri »

All the mods try to remove the spam that goes through the anti-spam measures we have. Unfortunately, there seems to be a significant increase recently. We plan to make some improvements in spam blocking, so hopefully we'll get rid of these ******.

Jiri
Peke

Post by Peke »

Based on my finding, looks like wegot used you on clean forum, problem arises when user Normally enter/register forum and than use scripts to add spam.

Like trix noted we are doing best to clean them.
Best regards,
Peke
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Oh .. when I originally posted this question I was defnietly NOT dissing the mods. They do a great job. It was more a wonder why MM would draw "kitchen" spam. Probably could mod the phpbb php script to ignore new topics with kitchen in them. Similar to ip filtering.

But again .. mods to a good job .. just stupid people.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Peke

Post by Peke »

be sure that you are not "dissing the mods" you pointed to obvious issue so we should update filters like Jiri pointed. Also as you noticed we are cleaning them fast so statistically iy looks like there is not much spam passing ;)
Best regards,
Peke