How do 'wishlist' items get added and any progress on videos

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

How do 'wishlist' items get added and any progress on videos

Post by dtsig »

First .. i am not complaining just trying to get an understanding on how this works.

I know that there is a lot of development going on and that 4.1 and MMA are a big priorities .. but :)

There is a LOT of work to do on the the Video front and after looking at Mantis i did not see anything listed as enhancement or fix.

in this Addon thread Video Database, which was started in 2010, i even offered to help fund some script development for building video db info. As noted in a recent script the movies appear to work pretty well ... but for Series (tv) it doesn't work well at all.

So as i said just wondering how something actually gets added to the list.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Re: How do 'wishlist' items get added and any progress on vi

Post by Lowlander »

That's done with scripts which means it's up to somebody to create it. Unfortunately scripters haven't picked this up as there are good sources like TheTVDB.com, TheMovieDB.org and IMBb.com for video sources.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Lowlander wrote:That's done with scripts which means it's up to somebody to create it. Unfortunately scripters haven't picked this up as there are good sources like TheTVDB.com, TheMovieDB.org and IMBb.com for video sources.
Lowlander, I am sorry but I am not sure what you are getting at here. Specifically in dealing with video tagging, which was my example to a larger question, I am getting from your post that scripters and MM folk don't see a reason/need to build better tagging tools for MMW because the user can do all the work on their own by going to the web sites that you noted .. and others, and then manually entering data in each series file.

Yes you are right there. Thank you
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

It looks like that is from back in 2010 (december so not that long ago) and some of the bits have been implemented. But let's face it video is the ugly stepchild of media in MediaMonkey :). But that is okay. I get that all companies must make decisions about where development resources must go. The larger question was about how things get added to the 'we should look at this' list of things. But I get it. Thanks
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, the video tagging will need to be done by scripters just like they've created many Addons for music tagging.