MM Metro won't find all MP3s scanning Micro SD

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

MM Metro won't find all MP3s scanning Micro SD

Post by Guest »

I've got a Samsung ATIV TAB 7 with a 64G MicroSD card mapped as D:

I've created a folder D:\My Music and under that created folders for each artist, and within each artist, a folder for each album, then within the album folders, the songs one MP3 for each song

When I tell MM to scan for media it doesn't find many of the songs. Just bought a new album from Amazon and downloaded it and put it in the appropriate D:\My Music\Jars of Clay\Inland folder, then told MM to scan. It found ONE of the songs but not the others. I can use a Metro file explorer app to double click the other songs and play them in the crappy microsoft Music app just fine.

Any ideas? Thanks

Re: MM Metro won't find all MP3s scanning Micro SD

Post by Guest »

Additional Note, if from main screen I use Folders -> Removable Devices, then navigate to that new album, I can play it fine also.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Can you check attributes of these files ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

Post by Guest »

All have no attributes except for an occasional Archive attrib. I un-archived them all. Still same issue

Post by Guest »

Some additional information. I decided to uninstall MM and re-install it after renaming the folder on the Micro SD card. Then I began copying folders from the old music folder to the new one in small sets.

It worked until about the fifth time, when I told it to scan for more media, it spun indefinitely and wouldn't find the new MP3s I just copied over.

I killed the app, rebooted, then tried again, and it then found them. Still copying things in small chunks and checking them as I go.

Post by Guest »

Ok, more info. Installed MM8 on a desktop PC with my music on a Non-Micro SD card.

Same result with some specific music bought and downloaded from Amazon!

So I bought Jars of Clay - Inland, and MM will only recognize one of 12 songs during a Scan for Media.

All songs are still playable by browsing to the folder however. Any ideas why MM would not find certain MP3s during scan?
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

DRM ?
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

Post by Guest »

Nah Amazon doesn't use on MP3s (at least that I know of). And one song out of 12 works fine. Also remember, when I navigate from the MM main menu via Folders and pick the folder, all songs for that album play fine. I note they're all odd bitrates. The one that works is 282kbps, the others are a wide variety of rates.

Ok let's call it a bug now - MM8 won't find some Mp3s

Post by Guest »

Started in GET HELP forum here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 22&t=73512

Please see that thread for all the details.

Summary:

some songs purchased from Amazon aren't found during SCAN FOR MEDIA

verified on two machines, one reading off of a Micro SD other off of a standard hard drive

Album: Jars of Clay - Inland

Only one song of 12 is found during scan

Going through Folders option from home screen lets me play them all fine,

Thanks please help
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
idonexits

Post by idonexits »

I had this problem. Certain tracks wouldn't display in the "album" or "artist" views, though they could be found via "folders," "tracks," and the search charm.

Some investigation revealed that all but the first track in the offending albums were missing the "album artist" field (despite iTunes, Windows Explorer, and the desktop version of MediaMonkey all having this field filled). Entering the appropriate information in the metro MM solved the issue for me.

Post by Guest »

Not it. The Album Artist is set on all of the songs. I thought about the MP3 attributes not being set properly and checked but they all look right.

Post by Guest »

Is there a reason the BUG thread I started referencing this one moved out of the Bugs forum?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Forum rules, only 1 thread per topic should be created.

Post by Guest »

Is there a way then to get this bug treated as a bug?

Post by Guest »

Ok I took a completely different tact...

1. uninstalled MM8 from Samsung ATIV TAB 7 - deleted all MP3 library I'd put there. Reinstalled MM8
2. Installed MM for Windows 4.1 Beta on my Desktop. Had it scan my library. it found ALL of my music and plays them fine. The Jars of Clay - Inland album worked fine on the Windows version.
3. Setup MM 4.1 Beta as a media server, and set MM8 on my tablet to sync from my desktop/MM Win 4.1
4. Syncing well. Love the approach, HOWEVER
5. It sync'd the Jars of Clay - Inland album BUT ONLY SHOWS THE SAME ONE SONG IT SHOWED BEFORE!!!

Does this sound like a bug yet? Can I maybe send one of the songs that won't find under MM8 to one of you folks to take a look at it or something? A little help would be appreciated. Thanks