Controls window shifted

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

aex

Controls window shifted

Post by aex »

Hi,
I don't know how I did it but the main player controls and seek bar etc went from being a long bar along the bottom of the screen to being just the width of the now playing panel and being at the top of the screen. I have also gained a rather nice rolling read out instead of a static one. I would like to know how to put them back to the bottom please and just what it was that caused them to move if possible.
Thanks, Alex.
Lowlander

Re: Controls window shifted

Post by Lowlander »

Sounds like you're using MediaMonkey for Windows instead of MediaMonkey for Metro?
alex30

Post by alex30 »

Hi Lowlander,
I am on Win 8 so that could be an issue.i did think that I had got the Win8 version though and up 'till a couple of hours ago I had the player controls far bottom right with a seek bar all along the bottom with an art window at far left. I was altering the volume and suddenly the bottom bar disappears to be replaced with just a window above the now playing panel and it's got an animated display of track details.
Since I've posted I have got things back down to the bottom ( don't ask me how) but I can't set the width of the now playing panel to what I want. I set it and then when a new track starts it enlarges to fit in the animated display and the art box which cuts off the details in the main window.
Any ideas ?
Cheers Aex.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey for Windows is the Desktop version of MediaMonkey and runs on Windows XP to Windows 8. MediaMonkey for Metro is the Metro App (from Windows App Store) and runs on Windows 8.
alex30

Post by alex30 »

Hi Lowlander,
I've just visited the app store and MediaMonkey is no longer available. Not sure why but it doesn't look like I will be able to get it.
Regards aex
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

alex30 wrote:Hi Lowlander,
I've just visited the app store and MediaMonkey is no longer available. Not sure why but it doesn't look like I will be able to get it.
Regards aex
Someone posted a while ago that it might not show based on your language settings. Make sure to disable the option in the Windows store "Make it easier to find apps in my preferred language"
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
alex30

Post by alex30 »

Hi both of you,
I found MM by ignoring the link on the MM website and going in to media apps in the store. I need to get off now so I will install tomorrow and see how it goes.
Thank you both for the kind help, it's very much appreciated.
aex.