Last Skipped Date [#7148]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

TankCR

Last Skipped Date [#7148]

Post by TankCR »

I was wondering if there were any scripts or add-ons that track the last skipped date, this is very important for my playlists that I have in iTunes, and despite the fact that many customers have requested it Jiri made the comment that he didn't think it was needed. http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=7641
nohitter151

Re: Last Skipped Date

Post by nohitter151 »

TankCR wrote:I was wondering if there were any scripts or add-ons that track the last skipped date,
Nope
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

I am using the iTunes Sync tool, and I wonder if it could be modified to grab that stat and put it into a custom field, and then using the AutoRateAccurate script write to that same field. Just an idea.
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

Or perhaps as end users we just need to complain, and or request it again!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

TankCR

Post by TankCR »

Lowlander wrote:It is still an open issue: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=7148
Thanks man, I was torked after I read Jiri's comment "The Last Skipped column is described in 0007148. As for the Skipped table, I don't think it's really needed." and didn't see your ticket. Is there any kind of timeline planned for this feature?
TankCR
pats79

Last Skipped

Post by pats79 »

I'm switching over from iTunes, and noticed that while MM has "Last Played" the is no "Last Skipped", which I use for a lot of my auto playlists. I noticed some threads on this from years ago, any word on if this is getting added or considered?
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
MMJuno

Post by MMJuno »

Personally, I would even be happy if LastPlayed updated with the date/time when skipped, if not a new field altogether. (If I skipped it, it clearly was playing for at least some portion of time, after all).

As others have noted, this would be really useful for AutoPlaylist functionality. This way, I don't keep getting the same track added by the AutoDJ pointing to an AutoPlaylist, since there's no LastSkipped/LastPlayed value to rely on for a date calculation on skipped tracks.
Ludek

Re: Last Skipped Date [#7148]

Post by Ludek »

FYI: It's been implemented, will be in 5.1.0.2804+