Extend "The" ignore to movies.

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Nova5

Extend "The" ignore to movies.

Post by Nova5 »

When browsing the Titles/A-Z section of the video tree a leading "The" puts a movie under "T", so "The Bank Job" appears under T, it really should be under B. This will lead to T having a massively large number of videos listed under it.

Ignoring of "The" currently only applies to Artist.
Lowlander

Re: Extend "The" ignore to movies.

Post by Lowlander »

Already requested and discussed.
Nova5

Post by Nova5 »

With no movement since 2008...
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

2008 - heck that is not so long :)

This really should be added *optionally* for both Music and Movies. Same for 'A'. One of the few things that iTunes (my fingers ache just typing that in) does better.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

dtsig wrote:Same for 'A'.
Can already be done and is set under Tools > Options > Appearance.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

wow ... i *know* i tried that as i think i saw it in another post. But it didn't *seem* to work.

But it must have been user error as it certainly is working now .. thanks for the slap alongside the head :)
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Nova5

Post by Nova5 »

*punt*

Will such be seen in the 4.1 final?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

And it needs to be expanded for Title, Series, Album etc. Now it appears to work in Artist only
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Nova5

Extend "The" ignore to Video's Title Field.

Post by Nova5 »

When browsing the Titles/A-Z section of the video tree a leading "The" puts a movie under "T", so "The Bank Job" appears under T, it really should be under B. This will lead to T having a massively large number of videos listed under it.

Ignoring of "The" currently only applies to Artist.
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

dtsig wrote:And it needs to be expanded for Title, Series, Album etc. Now it appears to work in Artist only
Already discussed in other forum thread: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... +the+title
dtsig

Re: Extend "The" ignore to Video's Title Field.

Post by dtsig »

Already noted here
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
Nova5

Post by Nova5 »

Trying to bring some useful attention to a needed function that has been "worked on" for.. years.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dtsig wrote:And it needs to be expanded for Title, Series, Album etc. Now it appears to work in Artist only
Just to remind you that Magic Nodes beta which I sent to you has a possibility to define for which fields you want to ignore prefixes in Options dialog box.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Yeah .. i have yet to play with that.

And as much as I love the 'addon' possibilities and appreciate all the hard work you guys do with them ... there are certain things that really should be in the product itself. Plus ... do all your addons work with the service? Or do they only work if I have MMW on?
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

DTSig
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I didn't try, but after reading some reports I think that Magic Nodes are available on UPnP with the service as well (http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=10937).
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2