Newbie; MM won't recognize my iphone 4 ios 7

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

misturaolaoye

Newbie; MM won't recognize my iphone 4 ios 7

Post by misturaolaoye »

Hello, I don't like to use iTunes so I tried to go with MediaMonkey. BUT NEITHER ITUNES NOR MM WILL EVEN RECOGNIZE MY DEVICE. This is very frustrating because I've looked through this forum, installed all the drivers, installed the new MM 4.1 beta version for ios 7 and my device is still not even being recognized. There is no help on the forum for this issue that I have found. Please help. My iphone 4 ios 7 is being recognized by windows, but not mm for some reason.
Peke

Re: Newbie; MM won't recognize my iphone 4 ios 7

Post by Peke »

Can you make screenshots of My computer and Device Manager showing iPhone in the list?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

I have a similar issue, the iPod Touch 5gen asks "Trust this computer?" but the iPod doesn't show up in Explorer or DEVMGMT.MSC.

With IOS7 so new, drivers and/or iTunes may need updating. I'm trying CopyTrans to update my Apple Mobile Device drivers[1] to see if that helps.

[1] http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... Components
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

BUT NEITHER ITUNES NOR MM WILL EVEN RECOGNIZE MY DEVICE
Have you updated iTunes to the newest version?
Chr1s

Post by Chr1s »

I have the same exact issue as the OP. iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2, and MediaMonkey will not recognize the device to sync, despite Windows recognizing the device. I just launched the MM beta mode from the forum in portable mode, and the device is still unrecognized. I do not have any form of iTunes installed. Any solutions to this issue would be appreciated.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

iTunes is required.
davidbspalding

Post by davidbspalding »

After the 7.0.3 update, my XP Pro system with Apple mobile device drivers et al recognizes the Touch as a camera.

But a board Announcement has confirmed that MM 4.0.x won't work with IOS7 , we have to use the 4.1 Beta. Fair 'nuff. :)
«Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.» Chinese proverb
T43 XP-SP3 2GB RAM, dual hard drives, MM 4.0.3 Gold; Ipod Classic 7G v2.0.4, Nano 3G v1.1.3.
misturaolaoye

Post by misturaolaoye »

Ludek wrote:
BUT NEITHER ITUNES NOR MM WILL EVEN RECOGNIZE MY DEVICE
Have you updated iTunes to the newest version?
I updated my iTunes to the newest version. iTunes still won't recognize, but MM 4.1 will! Thanks so much. I still have ios 7.01 by the way.