MKV Video Files & MM Metro App

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows 8/RT

Moderator: Gurus

aporter

MKV Video Files & MM Metro App

Post by aporter »

Hi guys,

I have been searching around everywhere and can't seem to find out whether or not the MM app for Windows 8 can in fact open an MKV video file. I have the app installed and I'm pretty sure the correct codes are installed ask MKV files will play in Windows Media Player. Has anyone found a way to make these files play in the MM app or is the format completely unsupported? If so is support coming anytime soon?
Lowlander

Re: MKV Video Files & MM Metro App

Post by Lowlander »

I don't know the answer, but the App (MM8) can only play what Microsofts supports in Metro playback, thus it may not be supported.
Sanjay

Post by Sanjay »

Lowlander wrote:the App (MM8) can only play what Microsofts supports in Metro playback
Microsoft does not restrict the codecs/file formats a Metro app can support. The OS (Videos app) by default supports playback of MP4 but not MKV, but other apps do to varying levels of success. Similarly the Music app can't play FLAC but MediaMonkey can. I for one would simply love for MM to become the premier all-in-one Metro media player with full support for all popular audio, video and subtitle formats.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

FLAC support is easy as we already have library for desktop version.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643