Favorite Genre and Artist

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

dtsig

Favorite Genre and Artist

Post by dtsig »

I have recently been turned on to Riverside. And although i am pretty familiar with "Progressive (Prog) Rock" i am always surprised when i run into a band that has been around for a while and not heard of.

So I thought it might be nice to get lists from other on Genre/Artists that you really like. We might turn each other onto some new things.

So to start this off here is my first. If this thread grows I will be adding more

Prog Rock I really hope that others join in. I really love talking music and trying new bits. That is really what MM is all about isn't it?

Thanks
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
MaximusPrime

Re: Favorite Genre and Artist

Post by MaximusPrime »

This is an cool idea :D
Well, I've allways been a "hip hop kid" but the last years I discovered some great Music from the Nu Metal, Metalcore, Rock and so on.
I'm from Germany and so I really love german rap, it has become a huge and succesfull Scene here.

My Favorite Artist are:
Eminem (Rap)
A Day To Remember (Metalcore)
Hollywood Undead (Rap/Rock/Nu Metal)
Lifehouse (Rock)
J.Cole (Rap)
... and so on :lol:

My german favorites aren't listed but also if the most of you won't understand the lyrics I would like to Show you one track. It's a song from Raf 3.0, his alter ego is called Raf Camora and under this Name he raps, but Raf 3.0 is much more a mix of rap and Pop, but in my opinion it's musically very high Quality so I will share it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUx_T5DoLT0

Maybe some of you know this song from an official NBA Final Spot with Dirk Nowitzki 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YECQLJV2fY
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

MaximusPrime; went to your links and have to say i enjoyed that very much. To be truthful i really don't enjoy rap very much, unless done by George Burns (the original rapper) but that is one of the few i do enjoy. I was lucky enough to live in Munich in 90-93 and caught a lot of small venues with electronica music. Although electronica (for electronica sake) isn't my favorite (sometimes to me it borders on disco) it does remind me of a great number of German bands we have to thank for kicking Prog in the butt .. Bands like

Can, Amon Düül II, Faust, Cluster, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Neu!, and Kraftwerk.

All with great compositions, artist skills and many songs which stick in your mind. Nothing like starting your Bug, heading down the road and listening to Autobahn (which during my time in Germany I learned to understand about the Autobahn .. you have to do it to get it :) ). Or Sorcerer from Tangerine Dream. What a great album that is. Dim the lights, put on the headphones and fly ... I was lucky enough to see Tangerine Dream in Washington DC. One of the great concerts ever.

Thanks for reminding me
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
carolharrs67

Post by carolharrs67 »

Hi!

I also love music especially R&B songs.

My favorite artist are: