Thank you beta testers

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

Thank you beta testers

Post by rusty »

As we near the end of the beta testing period, we want to take a moment to thank all of our beta testers for your participation, for your encouragement, and for your invaluable feedback. We've spent almost 2 years working on MediaMonkey for Android, and no doubt, there's plenty of room to further improve MMA after we release it, but your feedback has helped us get it to a point that we feel it is now one of the better media management applications on Android, and meets the standards set by MMW.

As a small token of our appreciation, we're making MediaMonkey Pro available at a 70% discount between now and the official release. MediaMonkey Pro will unlock the MediaMonkey Beta so that all functionality remains active beyond the 15 day expiration period. In addition, it'll unlock the Pro features in the release version of MediaMonkey (once it is released). Note that if you don't purchase MediaMonkey Pro, you can continue using the MediaMonkey Beta as in the past; you just need to upgrade to the latest build before it expires.

MediaMonkey Pro is available at:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ypro&hl=en
or by clicking 'Go Pro' in the MediaMonkey Beta menu

Thank You!

-The MediaMonkey Team

Q&A

Can I use all features in the beta build?
Beta builds have no limitations as far as any features--they just expire 15 days after the last install (although build 214 has a bug--it inadvertently limits UPnP streams to 30 minutes at a time). If you continually update to a new MediaMonkey Beta build every 15 days, you can use it indefinitely without making any purchase of MMA Pro...though I can't guarantee that there'll be a beta build published every 15 days.

Can i use all features in the release build of MediaMonkey for Android?
The free version of MediaMonkey (which isn't yet released) will have limitations on:
Wi-Fi Sync - limited to 7 days
UPnP/DLNA - limited to 30 minutes at a time
Folder browsing
Configurable home screen
Lyrics lookup

What is MediaMonkey Pro?
MediaMonkey Pro unlocks the limitations of both MediaMonkey and MediaMonkey Beta. It:
- Allows the MediaMonkey beta builds to be used indefinitely
- Will unlock all Pro features in the non-beta build of MediaMonkey, which will be released once we deem MMA to be Final.

How long will this promotion last?
Until we deem MMA ready for release ;-)

If I already have MMW Gold, do I need an MMA Pro license?
Yes. MMA and MMW are completely independent products. We're not aware of a means of giving MMW users a discount coupon, but we plan to have a promotion for existing users to purchase MMA Pro at a discount.

Is it going to be available on the Amazon store?
Once we release MMA, we'll look at posting it to the Amazon store as well--but the promo is on Google Play only.
dtsig

Re: Thank you beta testers

Post by dtsig »

done and thank you for mm
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
ChrisMonkey

Post by ChrisMonkey »

Done, thanks :)

One little question:
Is the pro a new 'stand-alone application' and should the beta be deinstalled
or is it some kind of 'add on'?

Thanks
Chris
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

So I got to buy it the beta won't be a real free version just a free 15 day trial? After that it locks totally until i buy it. Which I can't do. :(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
landale

Post by landale »

So is there a general idea on how long this promotional pricing will be going on? Hopefully at least a couple weeks from when the last beta was released.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

landale wrote:So is there a general idea on how long this promotional pricing will be going on? Hopefully at least a couple weeks from when the last beta was released.
Rusty wrote:As a small token of our appreciation, we're making MediaMonkey Pro available at a 70% discount between now and the official release.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
landale

Post by landale »

nohitter151 wrote:
landale wrote:So is there a general idea on how long this promotional pricing will be going on? Hopefully at least a couple weeks from when the last beta was released.
Rusty wrote:As a small token of our appreciation, we're making MediaMonkey Pro available at a 70% discount between now and the official release.
Thanks. I saw that but it doesn't appear there is an official release date so it could be tomorrow or in three months. Just trying to get any idea of how long I have to test it out and confirm all the bugs I've had have been fixed.
RobHayes

Post by RobHayes »

ChrisMonkey wrote:Done, thanks :)

One little question:
Is the pro a new 'stand-alone application' and should the beta be deinstalled
or is it some kind of 'add on'?

Thanks
Chris
Media Monkey Beta must remain installed. Media Monkey Pro's apk is only 227k, so it is just an unlock code. I suspect this is so they can retain all the positive reviews on the beta, and still offer a free version.

rusty: is there a way to wi-fi sync Podcast Subscriptions from the last <5 days? I sort my Podcasts by Date, and definitely don't want all of them being synced.

It would also be great to be able to add Favourite Folders instead of having to navigate deep to get where I want.
rvonder

Post by rvonder »

Quick question: Do lifetime 'Gold' licensees have to purchase MMA separately?
rusty

Post by rusty »

To answer your questions:

Beta builds have no limitations as far as any features--they just expire 15 days after the last install (although build 214 has a bug--it inadvertently limits UPnP streams to 30 minutes at a time). If you continually update to a new MediaMonkey Beta build every 15 days, you can use it indefinitely without making any purchase of MMA Pro...though I can't guarantee that there'll be a beta build published every 15 days.

The free version of MediaMonkey (which isn't yet released) will have limitations on:
Wi-Fi Sync - limited to 7 days
UPnP/DLNA - limited to 30 minutes at a time
Folder browsing
Configurable home screen
Lyrics lookup

MediaMonkey Pro unlocks the limitations of both MediaMonkey and MediaMonkey Beta. It:
- Allows the MediaMonkey beta builds to be used indefinitely
- Will unlock all Pro features in the non-beta build of MediaMonkey, which will be released once we deem MMA to be Final.

Note that our goal in creating the above model was to:
- make it easy to be a beta tester
- thank our beta testers
- make MMA useful even without some of the functionality that's removed
- generate enough revenue to support ongoing development (believe it or not, we've worked close to 2 years on this!)
I hope we've struck the right balance, but we're certainly open to feedback.

We'll keep both 'MediaMonkey' and 'MediaMonkey Beta' products alive for now, though we may eventually phase out the 'MediaMonkey Beta' product and instead use the Google Store tool that allows an Alpha/Beta/Release version of any particular product.

As to how long this promotion will last, it'll be until we deem MMA ready for release. I expect that to be fairly soon given the stability of recent builds.

As to how MMA Pro relates to MMW Gold--they're completely independent products. I would love to be able to give MMW users some sort of discount coupon, but I'm not aware of a mechanism to do so, so we're running this promo for now.

Thanks again!

-Rusty

p.s. I'll update the announcement with the info in this note
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Is it a one-time upgrade price, or will it be like MMW where if you guys make a major upgrade, it'll cause the need for a new "version license"?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Bravo Rusty and all MM cat and crew. Maybe at some point hame a'gold' version available. Can't really see using anything other than MMW and MMA.
Again thanks
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
RobHayes

Post by RobHayes »

Wow, can't believe this has been in development for 2 years! Take my $2... please.
ChrisMonkey

Post by ChrisMonkey »

rusty wrote:As to how MMA Pro relates to MMW Gold--they're completely independent products. I would love to be able to give MMW users some sort of discount coupon, but I'm not aware of a mechanism to do so, so we're running this promo for now.
I am a GOLD user too and at the 70% discount it was a no-brainer to spend the few bucks. :D

I really love the sync feature! At last, I am able to rate my music collection while I'm on the way. After getting home the new ratings travel to my PC and new unrated files travel to my mobile.

Great Job
Big THANKS
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

I'm really not the typ to pay for apps on the phone but MMA is just worth it, thanks a lot