How to display the results of a Search?

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

halcinlatsmir

How to display the results of a Search?

Post by halcinlatsmir »

Hi,

The last time I used Basic was on my TRS-80 and I was inspired to tinker when I saw the Genre Settings Addon. Now I would like to create something similar but to perform searches. I know how to create a panel for criteria selection, and how to create a working SQL query. But I've no idea how I can display the results (not in a way I would like).

What would be nice is if I could have the results of my script search displayed by MM in the "Search Results" Node as though it was performed by a standard MM search. I've had a look at the wiki and what I found was Search scripts. But that talks of Auto-Tagging and that's not what I want to do.

I'd rather not have to recreate a fully functioning Search Node if I can plug into the existing Search Node and let MM deal with the administration. So is there a way to hook into the MM Supplied Search Node? Or is there a way of getting MM to display the results without a Node? (I need to be able to use all the standard MM functionality on the records displayed).
trixmoto

Re: How to display the results of a Search?

Post by trixmoto »

As far as I'm aware, you can't currently hook into the search results node. It would be nice though!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
halcinlatsmir

Post by halcinlatsmir »

Thanks for your reply. I've not had much time to work on this since posting my question, but I did notice the word Filter used a lot in an addon I looked at. Now I can't find the section of code, but I was left with the impression MM had some kind of filter function I might be able to tap into. Is there some way I could filter the files being currently viewed by the user? Or have I got it wrong?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think all the Filter stuff became the Collections stuff, but a lot of my scripts have not been updated to reflect this.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 3 used Filters, you'd select a Filter and the Library node would be filtered. MediaMonkey 4 changed that to Collections which are always available separately in the Media Tree.