Album Art Slideshow

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

sixtiesstereo

Album Art Slideshow

Post by sixtiesstereo »

Does anyone know of a way to write a script/plugin to have the album art in the
folder of the currently playing track to cycle automatically. By that I mean, many users
have numerous .jpg's of the artist, liner notes, cover art, etc in the folder for each album
in their collection, and the album art window will show each of them consecutively if you manually
advance them. But it would be better to have a way to auto advance them after a preset amount
of seconds.
There was a script from several years ago called CycleArt, but it tended to hiccup after a few minutes
so that some images only showed for a millisecond before advancing to the next one, and the developer
never did any additional updates to it.
Possibly someone can just redo that plugin rather than write a new one from scratch. Also, a zoom feature
for the current image would be perfect, like the one in JRiver Media Center.
rovingcowboy

Re: Album Art Slideshow

Post by rovingcowboy »

been a wish here for a long time in the forum. sooner or later someone might figure it out? :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

rovingcowboy wrote:been a wish here for a long time in the forum. sooner or later someone might figure it out? :)
Yeah, I think you and I both have been discussing this for a while, but nothing seems to have ever happened.
The thing is, the old CycleArt vbs does in fact work quite well, and it's too bad we can't get someone to correct and upgrade
it so it works perfectly. The original thread with the script is in this thread in case any developer wants to check it out
and see what they can do with it.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... t=CycleArt

The main problem is somewhere in the timer setting code, which doesn't remain consistent, so as I mentioned before,
sometimes the images quickly jump ahead instead of taking the full delay set in the menu setting for it. Looking forward to
any developer input. Having a full screen slideshow for the currently playing track on my 60" TV is a great visual way to listen
to music.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

My "Monkey Rok" script can do this with the album art, and it displays lots of other information as well.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
sixtiesstereo

Post by sixtiesstereo »

trixmoto wrote:My "Monkey Rok" script can do this with the album art, and it displays lots of other information as well.
I wish it did. When I click on the image in MonkeyRok (6.1), which I have configured for all, it only pops up a
small window with a small image. I use the AlbumArt window in full screen when I want to view and scroll through the
images. If you could have the image open in the actual AlbumArt window, full screen, that would be great because as you say,
MoneyRok DOES auto advance through the images, it's just that they're way too small.
(BTW, I Love MonkeyRok).