Bit depth [#11732]

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

HaraldBluetooth1963

Bit depth [#11732]

Post by HaraldBluetooth1963 »

For such a high quality Music Organizer for Serious Collectors as MediaMonkey, bit depth should have been added in the database and as a column in the main window for a long time ago.

I hope, that this is possible to add soon, it would make MediaMonkey even more perfect for me :D
Falcon

Re: Bit depth

Post by Falcon »

I second that request.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Yes! I had a hard time with some WAV/FLAC tracks until I discovered -- with an other software -- that they were 32/24 bit.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

Post by Guest »

Hey Bit... Did you ever find out if it is possible to be added in the database and as a column in the main window?
AustShep

Post by AustShep »

lol... Good luck.
jopagi

Post by jopagi »

I also would like to see this as an optional displayed column. Going back through my files and trying to compute it (and storing the result in a custom field) is cumbersome, although I could write a script to do it if MM isn't planning on providing built-in support for it any time soon.
jopagi

bit depth conversion

Post by jopagi »

I would like to see the option when converting a lossless file to select the bit depth, and ideally dithering options of none, triangular, and rectangular.

I want to burn a CD of music that I've downloaded in hi-res format. Right now I have to switch to using Foobar to accomplish this.

As a follow-on, when burning an audio CD (playable on all CD players), hi-res files could be auto-converted to 16/44.

Regards,
Jonathan
Orbi

Post by Orbi »

+1

I agree. I'd like to see full hi-def integration into MM like:
- ability to transcode 24bit on the fly to portable devices only supporting 16bit
- sample size (16bit - 24bit) in the song properties. I'd like sample size to be available in columns and as a filter for playlists.

At the moment, only bitrate and frequency indicate songs are 24bit. The strange thing about frequency, is that it is called Sample Rate in the column and filter.
emklap

Post by emklap »

same here, I would like to see the bith dept of my flac files
I can not see if a fiule is 16 bit, or 24 bit
MM4 user

Post by MM4 user »

Me to,

This is a MUST HAVAE these days.
Lowlander

Re: Bit depth [#11732]

Post by Lowlander »

lordpuffer

16 bit or 24 bit? I have an older version and need help

Post by lordpuffer »

I'm still running an older version (I just like it) 3.2.5.1306. I don't know where to post this, so I posted it here. It may be very easy to answer. I'm running Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have about 1,000 FLAC songs on my PC that have been scanned into MM. How do I find out whether a song is 16-bit or 24-bit? Also, how can I find the kHz for the song. I've looked and cannot seem to find this. Thank you.
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

On 4 and 4.1 SampleRate. I don't remember if these are available in 3x though
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Bit Depth (16 bit) and Sample Rate (44.100Hz) are not the same thing, Bit Depth isn't available in any released version of MediaMonkey.
iMilazzo

Post by iMilazzo »

Sorry to be rude but this are the facts?

Why this software has stopped in time? This is a paid software. I paid for it!! I just WANT "bit depth" information. All softwares, even free ones like foobar2000 have "bit depth" information. I want it. I'm paying for!
With just this single field, just this single little information and I will never pay JRiver. I need to maintain 2 paid software to organize my library just because of this field.

Thanks
Ivan Milazzotti
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language