Case Checker for Russian words [#8388]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

KJIACC

Case Checker for Russian words [#8388]

Post by KJIACC »

Tools - Scripts - Case Checker

Case Checker script for the Russian words is working as Upper Checker.
For example. "Абвгде" translates into "АБВГДЕ".
Win7 x64 Intel Core i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz 3.07 GHz 8 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
4HD: (C:/D:/ - 1TB) (F:/ - 2TB) (G:/ - 2TB) (H:/ - 3TB)
Screen Resolution 1920x1080
MM runs as administrator.
I'm Tired to post messages using google-translator. I look forward to a forum for Russian-speaking users.
rusty

Re: Case Checker for Russian words

Post by rusty »

To make sure I understand correctly: you're saying that it doesn't function correctly in Russian; that it changes all letters to Uppercase.

Correct?

Thanks.

-Rusty
KJIACC

Post by KJIACC »

Rusty. Yes, correct.
Win7 x64 Intel Core i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz 3.07 GHz 8 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
I'm Tired to post messages using google-translator. I look forward to a forum for Russian-speaking users.
rusty

Post by rusty »

KJIACC

Re: Case Checker for Russian words [#8388]

Post by KJIACC »

Are there any plans to rectify this script in MM4?
In Same Boat

Re: Case Checker for Vietnamese words [#8388]

Post by In Same Boat »

Similar thing with "Vietnamese", sometime it work properly but a few certain letter seem to be messed up. Some word which this occur is shown below;

CỐ
CẨM
NẤC
TỪ
THẦM
NHẬT
NỤ
HỒNG
DẠ
MỸ
HẠ
THẮNG

Too lazy you to list. My initial thought was it only occur with vowel (a o e i u) but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Post by Guest »

Can this be fixed please? I ran this script a couple of years ago, and it made all my russian songs all capitals. And it annoys me everytime. It is not fair. There was no warning nothing. Now, I have been waiting for the fix wih no success.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying that the Case Checker window is not showing that it will be all caps?

Post by Guest »

:) OK, I correct myself: It does show a hidden warning.

What I mean, if you have few thousand tracks and do a Case Check on them, You scroll down a few hundred tracks in the Case Checker window and see that tracks are the way you would expect. And you have no idea that somewhere at the bottom a couple hundred russian language tracks are marked as to be changed to all caps. Nowhere does it suggests to do a spot test on russian language exclusively.

Anyway, this has been marked as an issue for quite some time. Can it be fixed by someone who has some knowledge. I assume this can be done by not necessery fixing the script embeded in the MM, but rather by making an additional/seperate script.