CustomFieldsTagger v1.0.3 [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Eyal

Re: CustomFieldsTagger v1.0.3 [MM3+4]

Post by Eyal »

Post-logiq wrote:Is there a way to edit the custom field name, in addition to setting their value?
It seems the scripts only write values in CUSTOM1, CUSTOM2, ... fields.
Tools | Options | Library | Appearance -> Rename Custom Field Headings.

:~)
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
Post-logiq

Post by Post-logiq »

Hi,

Thank you Eyal!
That is indeed what I wanted to do. Now I am able to read and correct the existing fields which are not supported by MM.
Hopefully I will soon be able to move the information from LABEL to ORGANIZATION in order to comply with Vorbis 1 spec and MM (modifying the Swap script).

In MM I changed the custom fields 1 & 2 with LABEL and LABELNO and I gave them values on a few test files:

With FLAC files it works perfectly as it creates the fields with the exact name I gave them.

With MP3 files these fields are written as 'XXXSongs-DB_Custom1' and 'XXXSongs-DB_Custom2'.
So MM has rules to change the custom field depending on the id tag type.
The ideal situation would be to allow users to manage the field mapping for each id-tag type, eventually disallowing some fields per id-tag type...

Anyway I don't plan moving out from using the Publisher field on MP3 to store the label information, but I will continue struggling with my damn LABELNO field for a while as there is no "standard" field to handle it in id3 tags.

Post by Guest »

CustomFieldsTagger is exactly what I needed but I have a problem: is there a way to have multiple columns to show seperately in the column view? For example, if a song's artist is Artist A feat. Artist B, I'd like to have the song shown in both artist's artist view in the column list. I know that typing artist as "Artist A;Artist B" would do the trick, but I don't want to use this option, because other music players (and Last.fm for example) don't understand that, and it would just mess up my tags. I thought that I could fix this by typing "Artist A;Artist B" in the CUSTOM column (and thus keep the actual artist field as Artist A feat. Artist B) but the problem is that in the column view the result is "Artist A;Artist B" and not "Artist A" and "Artist B" separately as I expected.

I hope you understood what I meant! Any way to fix this?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hello,

You could use MagicNodes and create a node with this mask:

Code: Select all

SomeCustomField|Position:First child\<SomeCustomField|Unknown:No|Split by:;>
where SomeCustomField is the field where you put the ArtistA;ArtistB.
I've been using this for a similar purpose: a custom field with instrumentA;instrumentB --> the track should show up under the nodes instrumentA and instrumentB.

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
nohitter151

Re: CustomFieldsTagger v1.0.0 [MM3+4]

Post by nohitter151 »

Steegy wrote: Current things to add in some next version (of CFT):
  • Add items to toolbar for faster access (Menu_TbCategorize) (DEFERING TO LATER VERSION BECAUSE OF BUG IN MM4 (and MM3?))
Is this bug reported anywhere? I'd like to escalate the issue to the devs.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hi Nohitter, I'm afraid I don't remember. Maybe a problem of dynamically adding/removing menu items.
Has someone else tried to add this to the toolbar already?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Davo

Post by Davo »

Hi Steegy - When i use a value in the Grouping field eg, OZ Music. Custom Field Tagger changes it to Oz Music.

David
David

Post by marama »

Hi there.
I've been using 4.0 portable for years and today I've upgraded to 4.1 . I've performed a clean install, and copied the mm.db from portable version to the AppData profile . Started MM, everything seemed to be working, but as I've tried to install my favorite extension (customfieldstagger), I got an error "Custom Fields Tagger was not installed". If I go to Tools/Extensions, it tells me the extension is installed, but it's not working/showing. If I try to uninstall it I get an error that c:\users...\Scripts\auto\CustomFieldsTagger.vbs" cannot be opened, no wonder because there is no such file. So I am now stuck - I cannot install it, and I cannot uninstall it. I've also tried extracting the vbs file from customfieldstagger103.mmip, but when I try to uninstall it, I get the error:

Error #424 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object required File: "C:\....\CustomFieldsTagger.vbs", Line: 522, Column: 4

Any idea how to fix this? I really need the extension.

TIA

EDIT: I've copied the vbs file from my portable instance and now it seems to be working (?!)
dougo

Change fields available for custom field tagger?

Post by dougo »

Hi

Is it possible to change which fields available for use in the ''custom field tagger''? As you can see I have BPM and other values that I'm very unlikely to want to tag when listening to my music, is there a way to for example replace bpm with artist, etc

Screen shot for context

http://ge.tt/7yon0WB2/v/0

Thanks
D
cryptus939

Post by cryptus939 »

Seriously old post I know, but does anyone have the installer file available for this plugin? The download link in the first post no longer works.
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

cryptus939 wrote:Seriously old post I know, but does anyone have the installer file available for this plugin? The download link in the first post no longer works.
Here you go...
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 5514785376
Windows 10 Pro x64 2TB USB3 External Hdd with Quad Core 3600Mhz CPU and 10GB Ram
MM 4.1.21.1871 Portable on External Hdd
TESTING MM 5.0.0.2113
Numerous Addons
User Since 2006 (Lifetime License) since 2012
Peke

Post by Peke »

I made it permanently available at http://www.happymonkeying.com/plugin.php?q=300108
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
cryptus939

Post by cryptus939 »

Thanks very much!
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Steegy,

It's a great script.
In the context menu of the selected tracks, ....
Only I can not embed it in a tool bar. Is there a possibility for that?

Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Toolbar do not support any other Items except Icons.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts