ExternalTools v1.4 [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Steegy

Re: ExternalTools v1.4 [MM2+3+4]

Post by Steegy »

Oops, you're right, I didn't read the German text :oops:

This should work (I think, I didn't test and I haven't seen the script in a loooong time):

Code: Select all

Program Path:
C:\Path\To\Mp3DirSorter.exe

Parameters:
%P /SortFolders

Execute Tool:
[X] Run it once
Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
MP3Joe

Post by MP3Joe »

Hi,

Unfortunately it does not work. Do you have another idea?

Thanks
MP3Joe
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hello, I just tested this.

For the script to work there should be at least 1 item in the main tracks list.
E.g. when you select the Music, Location, ... node, all tracks underneath it are shown in the tracks list.

However, this does not happen for nodes My Computer, C:\, ... This is the reason that the script doesn't do anything in those cases; there's simply no track to get its information from.
Why MediaMonkey doesn't show all tracks underneath in those cases, I don't know...

But even then the script runs on the path of the first track in the list, depending on what track that is it could be the usb drive itself or any subfolder.

So, I think the easiest way to do what you want is... simply running the application manually. A Windows shortcut can easily be made e.g. "C:\Path\To\Mp3DirSorter.exe" "H:\" /SortFolders (assuming H is your USB drive).

Cheers,
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
zephyr

How to install if getting ActiveX error (line 20)

Post by zephyr »

Hi,

in case anyone is having any issues, here's how I got ExternalTools installed:

download the .mmip (it's a zip archive)
rename the .mmip to .zip (either tell windows to show extensions of known file types, via Folder Options > View, or navigate to the folder in a command prompt and
ren *.mmip *.zip)

Extract the files (a .vbs and install/uninstall.inis) then edit the .vbs script

Comment the line out (Notepad++ has line numbers) with a ', ie
'Dim SDB : Set SDB = CreateObject("SongsDB.SDBApplication")

Save the change to .vbs, then add files into a new zip (with 7zip I can tell it to make a zip file, then change the extension that the archive will be saved to, ie extTool14,MMIP)

Run the new mmip.

First time I tried this it didn't work. Make sure you remember to save the changes to the vbb, then create the new mmip package.

good luck!
Grateful noob
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Hi,

do you know what parameter I need to use to pass selected files as parameter to BPM Analyzer?

the app opens, but I need to drag the files in. I've tried several parameters, but nothing seems to do it...

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Grateful noob
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Steegy wrote: Installation Package: ExternalTools14.mmip
On MM 1708 unskinned portable on Win7 64-bit this fails with:

Ideas?
Chris
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

People sometimes report my MonkeyRok script does this. It means that the script couldn't connect to MM, which could be because it's not registered (unlikely) or because some anti-virus or similar security software to blocking access (more likely).
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

trixmoto wrote:could be because it's not registered (unlikely)
It is registered.
trixmoto wrote: or because some anti-virus or similar security software to blocking access (more likely).
I take that to mean: blocking access from your script to the database. Thanks.

Not: this is a portable install. May I ask: have you verified your script works on a portable install?
Chris
Peke

Post by Peke »

It doesnt work on Portable unless manually MMW is registered. Try to add " ' " in front of "Dim SDB"?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Peke wrote:It doesnt work on Portable unless manually MMW is registered. Try to add " ' " in front of "Dim SDB"?
Thanks. That fixes it.

Is the inclusion of that line a bug? http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... uto-script is clear that SDB is already provided.
Chris
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Sending 28 files to a single Mp3tag window causes:

Any way to disable this?
Chris
drughetto

Post by drughetto »

wow!
can i use to send songs to external encoder ?

for example to qaac.exe
these are parameters -v192 -i

thanks
drughetto

Post by drughetto »

chrisjj wrote:
Peke wrote:It doesnt work on Portable unless manually MMW is registered. Try to add " ' " in front of "Dim SDB"?
Thanks. That fixes it.

Is the inclusion of that line a bug? http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... uto-script is clear that SDB is already provided.
hi
how can i fix it?
thanks
can somebody upload the fixed version?

i tried to edit the script but it doesn't work
" ' " Dim SDB : Set SDB = CreateObject("SongsDB.SDBApplication")
drughetto

Post by drughetto »

hi Peke
what do you mean
for It doesnt work on Portable unless manually MMW is registered.
and
Try to add " ' " in front of "Dim SDB"
thanks
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Register to MM's Mediamonkey.registry (a file in MM portable folder), read about it here under description.
According to the status in the Mantis report (link), that manual reg. issue Peke was referring to should be fixed now, as I didn't have to deal with
it when installing.

However, there is another issue involving "Line 20" that can pop up when you try to install. Look for the words "Line 20"
somewhere on the error message. If that happens, follow Zephyr's instructions
above and it should work. Notes after reading through Zephyr's post, you only need notepad (Win Accessories)
or notepad++ to read a .vbs file (just click on it). Depending on the Archiver you use, it may not rename the .zip back to .mmip directly
from the interface of the Archiver. Just try to rename it and if it creates the file into the destination folder with .zip still on the end of it,
just manually change it back to .mmip from explorer.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜