Sync pictures?

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

ivorycruncher

Sync pictures?

Post by ivorycruncher »

I have tried quite a few different media sync apps out there with my Android devices, and Media Monkey has them all beat by a long shot. It really has the "it just works" feel to it. However, one thing that is seriously lacking in the marketplace right now is a single app that can do everything for Android devices that iTunes does for iOS devices. Media Monkey, as great as it is at handling music and video, does not appear to have any features for syncing photos back and forth between mobile device and PC.

I do understand that that isn't exactly the intended focus of this app, but if photo syncing/management functionality could be added, then I would finally be able to tell everyone that there is a single solution for Android that's just as good as (if not better than) iTunes for managing all multimedia. Right now you either have to find multiple specialized apps, such as Media Monkey, that do one thing well, or settle for an app that tries to do everything, and does none of it very well.

Anyway, I realize that even if you decide to add this functionality, it will take some time to develop. I just hope that it will indeed be added at some point, because I'm getting tired of handling photo syncing manually. Thanks for listening!
Lowlander

Re: Sync pictures?

Post by Lowlander »

Picture support in MediaMonkey itself has been requested.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

MM can sync pictures. E.g. if Supported Formats includes JPG http://i.imgur.com/yojKMKk.png , on a JPG in My Computer, right-click, click Sync To, click device. (Tested here on MTP device Creative ZEN.)

Though unfortunately MM puts this picture in the device Music folder, making it totally inaccessible to the device. If anyone knows a remedy, please say.

Workaround: Do the copy in Explorer.
Chris
Aralvor

Post by Aralvor »

why not stick to Bittorent Sync or other similar apps to deal with pictures ?

MM's strengh is not its ability to copy files - but to offer strong functionnalities to sort and find files in your music library
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Aralvor wrote:why not stick to Bittorent Sync or other similar apps to deal with pictures ?

MM's strengh is not its ability to copy files - but to offer strong functionnalities to sort and find files in your music library
Notice the name of the app. MediaMonkey. Not MusicMonkey.
Chris
Aralvor

Post by Aralvor »

shrug, i'm just trying to suggest apps that work perfectly fine. Also on the homepage it says video and music fyi
dolf-volkoff

Post by dolf-volkoff »

chrisjj wrote:Notice the name of the app. MediaMonkey. Not MusicMonkey.
And the second part of that title is "Monkey". Would you also suggest to turn the program into a monkey? :roll:
(Just a little joke. No offense)

But seriously. The purpose of the program is pretty clear. It's for organizing and playing media files similar to music/videos, not "any media type imaginable".

And pictures are pretty different beast from videos/music. They need different method of displaying, different tags. Even ComicRack doesn't support organizing pure images, though that program is a lot closer to be working with that type of media.

Mediamonkey clearly not designed to work with images, and shouldn't be. There are programs that are more appropriate for this.

So please, let's all stop trying to suggest turning this good program into an overblown piece of nothing.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

dolf-volkoff wrote:And pictures are pretty different beast from videos/music. They need different method of displaying, different tags.
We're taking about copying files. MM uses the Media Transfer Protocol to copy files and this handles images fine. MM can and does copy images. The only problem is that it puts them in a Music folder.
Chris
dolf-volkoff

Post by dolf-volkoff »

chrisjj wrote:We're taking about copying files. MM uses the Media Transfer Protocol to copy files and this handles images fine. MM can and does copy images. The only problem is that it puts them in a Music folder.
I'm assuming the feature is only there for the files that have their covers in the folder and not inside tags. So I'd think you can't expect Mediamonkey to synchronize ALL your files, as this is not it's thing.

imho, Mediamonkey is not a syncing app, syncing is it's feature, not it's purpose.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

dolf-volkoff wrote:I'm assuming the feature is only there for the files that have their covers in the folder and not inside tags.
It works on files regardless of location.
imho, Mediamonkey is not a syncing app, syncing is it's feature, not it's purpose.
Yup, syncing is a feature and I am simply wishing it would work a little better than it does.
Chris
ecto1a2003

Post by ecto1a2003 »

this would be a very usefull feature as i have may pictures on my phone that i would like mediamonkey to automatically transfer to my pc without me having to open explorer and do it manually