[bug] sync failing when downloading (solved : sd full)

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Aralvor

[bug] sync failing when downloading (solved : sd full)

Post by Aralvor »

Hey all,

I use MMW 4.1.5 and MMA 1.0.7.3.11

- I unselected all my playlists on my device to remove all the mp3 files (a thumbnail bug made the cover disappear for some of them) and sync'ed. It effectively deleted all 10000 tracks from my device (though about 40 or 50 of them were still on the device, I don't know why, I deleted them manually)
- after making sure MediaMonkey music folder in Android / data was empty, I selected the playlists and started sync. It seemed like working, since it was downloading and I went to bed.
- this morning, I woke up with a "failed to download" message at about 7k songs copied through the 10k. I exited the app, re-entered and for a while I couldn't even sync (screen stayed black when syncing). I think it was because MediaMonkey was parsing the 7k files it downloaded before since the little round thing was turning.

-after awhile it stopped turning and this time the sync started up to the point of the first download (of the 3k files left to download) and then is displayed the error message "failed to sync"

I tried again several times, quitting MediaMonkey android, and Windows too and restarting them and it does the same.

Log file is ET4AXQL5DU
Last edited by Aralvor on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aralvor

Re: [bug] sync failing when downloading first file

Post by Aralvor »

ok i got it

the sd card was full as i accidentally selected a playlist i usually never sync with my device

so not a bug

It desserves an error message a bit more specific though (a simple "no more space" would do).

Regards,
rusty

Re: [bug] sync failing when downloading (solved : sd full)

Post by rusty »

Yeah--we're planning on fitting that in 1.1.0:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12070

Thanks.

-Rusty