Windows 10 Preview

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

popsmike

Windows 10 Preview

Post by popsmike »

Hey Guys,
I have just got a copy of the new Windows 10 Technical release for testing purposes so I am trying out the latest version of MM on it,
I will keep posted if I find any problems but for now all seems to work great.
popsmike

Re: Windows 10 Preview

Post by popsmike »

been testing for 2 weeks now and still no errors to report.
Seems to be looking good for the future release.
jimbob_sf

Post by jimbob_sf »

Been running Win 10 since it came out. I keep all my music on a Drobo5N and the drive mounts (mapped drives) won't stick, but UNC paths work just fine, so all my paths in mediamonkey.ini refer to UNC paths. This has worked well for me on Win 8.1, Server 2012 R2 and now in Win 10.

The only problem I'm having is that lyrics won't auto-populate on selection or now-playing. I have to open properties and go to the Lyrics tab and then move from song to song and that is nearly just as good/bad as using the arrow key to move up/down the music list.
Peke

Post by Peke »

jimbob_sf wrote:The only problem I'm having is that lyrics won't auto-populate on selection or now-playing. I have to open properties and go to the Lyrics tab and then move from song to song and that is nearly just as good/bad as using the arrow key to move up/down the music list.
Have you tried to go in Now playing Tree Node and press F5?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jimbob_sf

Post by jimbob_sf »

omfg, that worked. Thank you! I've used MM for years and I just learned something new. What the heck does F5 do and is it only applicable to items in the 'now playing' list?

update: I just threw all my songs without lyrics into now playing, hit F5 and nothing's happening. I manually went into properties | lyrics tab and got some lyrics for some obvious stuff.

I guess I'll just wait for some more info as to what F5 is. I checked all the menu's and they're all key combinations and no "F" keys.
Peke

Post by Peke »

there is no exact SciFi in F5 it is common shortcut for Refresh like F1 is for Help ;)

FYI F5 works on any tree node that shows it in MMW track list view. I often use it when I want to play some shuffle Auto Playlists where F5 recalculate playlist without moving focus out of it.

In your case as Tracks are from NAS F5 Reloads info.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts