Color coding text

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Eonsv

Color coding text

Post by Eonsv »

Hello,
Do anyone know if it is possible, through scripting, to modify the color of the text individually for each song? Ideally I'd like to write a script which changes the text of the songs in the now playing field according to each songs genre. An alternative would be to change the background of each song, if its not possible to change the text color.
trixmoto

Re: Color coding text

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, this is possible. It's undocumented, but you can just use the "Color" method, like this...

Code: Select all

Set list = SDB.CurrentSongList
  For i = 0 To list.Count-1
    Set itm = list.Item(i)
    itm.Color = 8421504
  Next
I can't remember how the value works exactly, but the example I've given is grey (the same as if a track is inaccessible) and it's 0 for black.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've just scanned back through my emails and the number is an integer worked out by first getting the RRGGBB hex code (like you would for HMTL) and then converting the hexidecimal into decimal.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Eonsv

Post by Eonsv »

Thanks a lot for the help! :)