Portable installation

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

aabra1

Portable installation

Post by aabra1 »

I am using a portable version as well.
I have a script that I created and it works fine from within MM of the Menu>Tools>Scripts.

It does CreateObject( "SongsDB.SDBApplication" ) without problems from within MM.

Externally it is not working though.

I understand that ActiveX for SongsDB.SDBApplication is not registered but somehow MM creates this object when running script within.

Question:
Is there any way to create that object externally from VB or VBS without portable MM running?
by registering some DLL(s) or specifying a path somwhere or placing that script in a specific directory or anythinkg alse that I did not mention.
Just Guessing

Re: Portable installation

Post by Just Guessing »

I am pursuing a somewhat related objective, and I just saw a post that MIGHT help:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=2063

Note poster describing an entry in the registry, (which of course a portable install won't create). Maybe manual creation of a single registry entry will work? Won't it be nice if its that easy. I'd guess it can be resolved with the registry, though probably not with a single key.