1.1.3.0491: Grant access to SDcard not working [#12918]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

rklevy

Re: Build 499

Post by rklevy »

I've already put in a bug report and we are working together on this. I have been able to determine that using any Build of MMA above 491 causes the same problem. MM has seen the problem too...the latest, as of today, is they asked if I had my SD card enabled in MMW...it turns out there are multiple entries of the SD card enabled. I'm waiting to see if they want me to delete them all and reinstall the drivers in MMW under options/portable device sync. I didn't add these additional entries so I'm not sure how they got there...anyway..they are working on it and i hope we have a resolution soon.

Until this is resolved, you might want to side load mma Build 491 and see if that works for you. Delete Build 499 first and shut off automatic updates to your phone or 499 will be reloaded! I found out the hard way LOL

Would be interesting to see if you have multiple drivers loaded under portable device sync.
rusty

Re: 1.1.3.0491: Grant access to SDcard not working [#12918]

Post by rusty »

Hi,

First of all, I want to thank you all for your help and patience on this issue. Unfortunately we haven't been able to replicate the problem on any of our devices, but believe that we may have solved it in the latest build (1.1.3.500). The build announcement is at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 50#p416288 .

Please give the build a try, and share your results here.

Thank you.

-Rusty
icon

Post by icon »

Hi Rusty

I've installed Build 500, but the result is negative, after I selected the SDCARD grant access, I got an error message "path was not requested". I've send you the debug log with ID CBKBXD4XDP.

2 days ago, Marek also sent me a special debug build by PM, which I tested. Not sure of these results are already inlcuded in Build 500.

Let me know, if I can do any further testing.

Best regards
Renato
rusty

Post by rusty »

fyi, test build 501 has just been posted--it includes additional fixes. Please share your results.

Thanks.

-Rusty
icon

Post by icon »

Hi Rusty

Just updated from Build 500 to 501 via Playstore and guess what: syncing to SDCARD\MUSIC is working!!

However there was a small glitch: when I selected library folders (no grant access appeared), only the following folders were already preselected on the sdcard

\playlist
\playlist
\Video

but
\music

was missing at startup. However I could simply select it.

Then I did a synchronize and double-checked, that files residing in SDCARD\MUSIC, which I can confirm now.

Let me know, if you need any further information.

Thanks and best regards
Renato
Ryche

Post by Ryche »

I updated to MMA 501 Beta (with MMW 1764) with mixed results for my LG G3 (Android 5.0.1).

The first time I ran the MMA and MMW after install, the SD Card was found, and I was able to select the Sync Button on the MMW Menu Tree to sync. However, the normal options and tabs that let you select what playlists and options to sync did not show up. I selected to sync, and two of my playlists did appear. At that point, I shut down both MMA and MMW.

I then went and added a few more songs to my Music Library folder. I restarted MMW (phone not connected for USB Sync yet), and I scanned my music library. MMW picked up the songs. I added them to the playlists in MMW without issue.

I then re-hooked my phone up and... nothing. Again the phone does not show on the drop list. So after it worked one time, I am back to the same issue of being unable to sync MMA from MMW.

And I may have done something wrong as well. Build 499 - when going through the Access Process, only took access to the Music and Movies folder. Now,with 501 when I look at Folders/SD Card - it shows access to ALL folders on my SD Card. The same holds true for internal storage. I may have to uninstall as MMA does not need access to all folders on my phone and SD Card, nor should I be able to delete from device from MMA (which is what the messaging reads if I select to delete a folder... )
rusty

Post by rusty »

This is a bit confusing, but there are 2 issues that we're dealing with:
1) Permission issues affecting MMA's introduction of the new storage access framework used in Android 5+ . This primarily affects Wi-Fi sync operations, and is being tracked at bug http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12918 and in this thread and is mostly resolved--though there may yet be a few more niggles are described in some earlier comments above.

2) Failure of MMW to recognized the SD card for USB synchronization. This is tracked in other threads and at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12948 . This has been resolved in the newest MMW beta 4.1.10.1766 : http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 55#p416353

Thanks.

-Rusty
Ryche

Post by Ryche »

I wasn't quite sure where to put this since the Test Build thread is locked, but in regards to Issue 2 (SD Card Not recognized for USB Sync) - again, mixed results.

I did a clean install of MMA 501 and updated MMW to 1766.

The initial connection and load were no issue and worked fine.

I then disconnected my phone (LG G3, Android 5.0.1) from my laptop, and added a song to my music Library. MMW rescanned and picked up the song. Using MMW, I put the song into a couple playlists.

I then reconnected my phone. MMW did pick up the SD Card. But after the sync, it doesn't look as though the playlists got updated for MMA. I can see the Artist and Track in those sections, but it does not appear on the playlists. I can also verify that MMW playlists show one more song than their MMA counterparts.

I know I could workaround this by uninstalling and re-installing MMA each time I update my playlists, but that would be a royal pain for something that should be automatic.
rklevy

Post by rklevy »

This has been a widespread problem which seems to be resolved in Beta release 4.1.10.1766...the problem is associated with certain versions of MMA, SD cards and the interaction with MMW....I understand the new final version release will occur later this week...Here's the link:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 55#p416353
rusty

Post by rusty »

Note: this issue should be fixed either by updating to MMW 4.1.10 (which is still in beta), or by updating to MMA 1.1.3.502 or higher (currently in beta but expected to be released shortly).

-Rusty
Synapstic

Post by Synapstic »

Hi,
With build 502, I still have FC of the app any time I try to update, or just "click" on, library folder for the sd card. Further more, there is no scan on SD card anymore and can't modify anything on existing files previously sync onanother location.

The sync with MM from computer is ok, still sending files to another location.

I read all posts from the forum but still can't find an answer to my problem (or maybe it's still going on).

Thx a lot for your work, waiting for an answer or a new build.

Phone : xiaomi redmi note 2. Android 5.0.2.
MUMU

Post by MUMU »

Just wanted to say that I recently split the side on my Galaxy Tab A 8.0 on a drop and was getting some sim card messages. I clicked it back into place and I haven't received the sim card messages since, but the MediaMonkey thing is really baffling me with MP3's. Thought I would add my two cents.