ability to manipulate playlists as objects

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Voltron8MyHat

Re: Move playlists - Recently Added Tracks-Recently Added Co

Post by Voltron8MyHat »

Lowlander wrote:You can't select multiple Playlists to be moved.
How in the world can this be true? Just like the original OP's situation, when someone decides to switch from iTunes (or whatever) to MediaMonkey and they import their hundreds of playlists, you're just SOL on moving your playlists out of the "imported" folder? It's just a database. This can't be the case.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rivorson

Re: ability to manipulate playlists as objects

Post by rivorson »

From a technical perspective I think the two options for actually displaying two playlists are a simple append operation with no special processing, or use the existing autoplaylist framework to create a list with criteria Playlist Is the selected playlists. Either of these could work without affecting performance significantly. The former option would retain the track order of each playlist in the view and would keep duplicates. The latter would remove duplicates but the track order would be lost.
frankenpod

Post by frankenpod »

Voltron8MyHat wrote:
Lowlander wrote:You can't select multiple Playlists to be moved.
How in the world can this be true? Just like the original OP's situation, when someone decides to switch from iTunes (or whatever) to MediaMonkey and they import their hundreds of playlists, you're just SOL on moving your playlists out of the "imported" folder? It's just a database. This can't be the case.
Well, you can move playlists - just only one at a time, which really is supremely tedious. And made more so by the awkward vertical (slowly) scrolling list. And still more so by the way that every time you drop something into a nested 'node', it insists on opening the entire subnode, pushing everything else back down the screen again.

Editing this post just to say I really, really wish this could be fixed, because I'm thinking its going to take me weeks to laboriously move all these playlists one at a time. Its _so_ tedious!!!
Voltron8MyHat

Post by Voltron8MyHat »

I am astounded that you still can't move multiple playlists at once. This alone can be a deal breaker for someone trying to switch from iTunes (you import hundreds of playlists from iTunes and they are all in a folder called "imported from iTunes," and the only way to get them out is to move them ONE BY ONE... just horrible).

Not only does it make switching from iTunes a PitA, but it's really awful trying to organize your playlists (because you can only move them one at a time)!
Codec

Post by Codec »

I stand in solidarity with Frankenpod and Voltron8MyHat. I too would love a way to ctrl-select or shift-select multiple playlists and move them around to other playlist nodes or delete them.