[SOLVED] DLNA server empty when using Samsung Smart TV!

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jbrocker

[SOLVED] DLNA server empty when using Samsung Smart TV!

Post by jbrocker »

Hi,

My MM DLNA server is setup correctly. I can browse and play music (mp3's only) using a variety of client devices and software. My TV is enabled in the UPnP/DLNA tab. From the log file it would appear that MM does not like being asked for the "Root directory" and serves up "null". Here is part of the log:

00016387 47.53071976 [3220] UPnP Server: Served item: Class: object.container.storageFolder, Title: Root directory
00016388 51.59572983 [3220] UPnP Server: OnAction: Browse
00016389 51.59576035 [3220] UPnP Server: Metadata to browse: (null)

My TV model is UN65J6300. The really strange bit is that I can use BubbleUPnP on my android phone to to browse the MM server and assign the TV as the renderer and the TV happily plays music. I am only serving music.

Please help! :)
jbrocker

Re: MM DLNA server empty when using Samsung Smart TV!

Post by jbrocker »

Seriously? No one has a newish Samsung Smart TV and has this problem?

Additional info: My Samsung Blu-ray player (BD-F5100) does not like MM's DLNA server either. What the heck MM?

I have opened a help ticket and got no response there either. This is pretty sad.

FYI... No issues with anything using Serviio. Maybe it's time to say bye-bye MM. I don't want to do this, but I may have to.
MaximusPrime

Post by MaximusPrime »

Can't tell if it would work right now for me, but about a year ago I used a Samsung Smart TV to stream from MMW without any problems.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Tracked as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13265 and solving via eSupport with jBrocker
jbrocker

Post by jbrocker »

MaximusPrime wrote:Can't tell if it would work right now for me, but about a year ago I used a Samsung Smart TV to stream from MMW without any problems.
I believe you when you say you streamed without any problems, however, a year ago your TV most likely wasn't running Tizen OS. That would be my guess as to the source of this problem.
jbrocker

Post by jbrocker »

Ludek wrote:Tracked as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13265 and solving via eSupport with jBrocker
Ludek here did a great job fixing this issue. Thank you very much!