Can I delete Temp files?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

rrfpacker

Can I delete Temp files?

Post by rrfpacker »

This is a dumb question...I just found 1000s of images (bitmaps and jpegs) in the Temp folder of my Portable MM install. They are album covers that are already embedded in tracks. Can I delete these?
rrfpacker

Re: Can I delete Temp files?

Post by rrfpacker »

No one?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Yes you can. The folders that say MMCache.......
But they will regenerate whenever you play files with artwork again.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

MMFrLife wrote:Yes you can. The folders that say MMCache.......
But they will regenerate whenever you play files with artwork again.
Interesting, thank you. At least I can delete them before I backup MM to another drive and save some space.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) You can move the Temp folder (Tools > Options > General) so that any backups don't include it.
2) You can remove the MMCache******_* folders, but they'll be recreated each time you view Artwork in MediaMonkey. They're used for a faster display of Artwork.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Lowlander wrote:1) You can move the Temp folder (Tools > Options > General) so that any backups don't include it.
2) You can remove the MMCache******_* folders, but they'll be recreated each time you view Artwork in MediaMonkey. They're used for a faster display of Artwork.

thank you
Beer-Man

Post by Beer-Man »

I just deleted 3,5 GB (!!!) of files in these folders. This stuff might have gotten a bit out of hand, and I would like to deactivate that feature.