Sync using MMA/MMW doesn't update the "Played" table

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

lomah

Sync using MMA/MMW doesn't update the "Played" table

Post by lomah »

I am using MMW 4.1.12.1798 and MMA 1.2.0.0600. The sync operation works fine, and songs played on my Android device increase the "Played #" in MMW after syncing. However, I have noticed that there is a discrepancy in the MMW "Played #" and the number of "PlayDate" entries in the "Played" table for songs. For example, when looking at the Properties of a particular song in MMW, it shows the "Play Counter" as 11. If I count the number of "PlayDate" fields in the "Played" table for that specific song, there are 4 only. The remaning 7 plays were from my Android device. Is this working as designed, or have I misunderstood the sync function, or is it a bug?

Re: Sync using MMA/MMW doesn't update the "Played" table

Post by Guest »

Anyone?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If I got you correctly than it is working as designed, PlayDate is last PlayDate of track play and Played# is sum total number of played tracks on all devices.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, it is working as designed. When playcount is increased in MMA then MMW increases only Songs.PlayCounter and Songs.LastTimePlayed.
I see that the Played table is there, but watching the MMW code the values from the table are not used anywhere, so it is there for some historical reasons and can be considered as deprecated.

Why are you asking, do you use the 'Played' table in your scripts somehow?
lomah

Post by lomah »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, and apologies for my late response.
I was wondering if the Magic Nodes extension uses this table, as I can see that it can report stats relating to individual songs played by date (week, month etc.). This is something that I am interested in developing, so that's why I asked. If Magic Nodes doesn't use this table, then I'm wondering how it produces the stats that it does.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Bex's "Play History & Stats" script jumps to mind as one that relies heavily on the accurate play data supplied by the Played History table, Magic Nodes is also another that can produce some interesting results with this information. There were some users quite a while back that expressed interest in MMA maintaining and syncing this data, but obviously never garnered any results. 10160: Real PlayHistory synch