Looking for Help Using DLNA with Auto-Conversion Rules

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

loondawg

Looking for Help Using DLNA with Auto-Conversion Rules

Post by loondawg »

Hi,

Has anyone had any success using auto-conversion rules with DLNA?

The problem I'm hitting is that some of the movies I have recorded won't play over DLNA on my Samsung TV. Almost everything I have recorded will play over DLNA. There are just a subset of them that won't. The problem videos seem to be recorded at 1920x1280 with a 32.62 framerate. When I try to play them, I get the error "Not Supported Video Codec" on the TV. Of course they play fine locally on the PC I used to record them. They just won't play over DLNA.

And if I manually convert them first using Tools - Convert Format, the converted files will play over DLNA. But if I set up an auto-conversion rule under the DLNA settings, the movies don't play. When I hit play, nothing appears to happen. I get no error on the TV. The movies shows in now playing. But nothing else appears to happen.

Any ideas what's going on or what could be done to get this working?

Thanks,
Lowlander

Re: Looking for Help Using DLNA with Auto-Conversion Rules

Post by Lowlander »

What file format and codecs are used for the files?

Do note that some clients are really finicky with video files. I've had issues with Samsung as well whereas the Sony worked with the same files.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I agree with lowlander .. although I love Samsung its dnla client isn't really up to snuff .. but my Sony bluray player will stream seemingly anything.
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
loondawg

Post by loondawg »

Thanks for replying. I think the issue here is whether convert on the fly works. If I convert the file before trying to use DLNA, the converted copy of the file plays correctly. It just doesn't seem to do anything when I try to use the same setting with the auto-conversion rules specified under the DLNA settings.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can always capture a debug log (step 4b) and send it support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=20&t=69