MMW not copying tracks from Library

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Ryche

MMW not copying tracks from Library

Post by Ryche »

Hi,

I'm having a small issue with some tracks that are in my music folder not being copied into MMW when I have MMW scan that folder.

The tracks in particular were ripped off a CD using Windows Media Player, and ripped in MP3 Format (the same format as most everything else in my Music Library). I used WMP because, as a standard (non-gold) member, I kept getting the error that the "Free MMW version cannot bundle MP3 encoding beyond 30 days". I tried de-selecting the "On the fly encoding" checkbox, but got the same error. This occurred whether I tried single track or multiple track rips.

Anyway - the tracks that were ripped from the CD using WMP do not get copied. I had a few other non-cd MP3's that were in the folder since my last scan, and those uploaded fine, so I know I'm in the correct folder.

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated:

Toshiba Satellite on Windows 10, Version 1607, Build 14393.187
MMW Version - 4.1.13.1801

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: MMW not copying tracks from Library

Post by Lowlander »

It isn't an error: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... -unlimited

Check Tools > Options > Library and make sure the settings there don't exclude the scanned files based on size or length.
Ryche

Post by Ryche »

Thanks for the reply and the explanation

Just to make sure I'm understanding the process of what I read...

If I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder, I should be able to use that to rip the Tracks from the CD's I want, and once the tracks are in my Library Folder. MMW should pick them up?

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It shouldn't matter if MM or WMP rips the files, they should be picked up by MM. The Notes explain some other reasons this may not be happening: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... elp:#Notes
Ryche

Post by Ryche »

Ok - thanks for the info. I'll look through the notes and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Thanks again!