UPnP Server uses external IP to serve files

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

driverdis

UPnP Server uses external IP to serve files

Post by driverdis »

I set up a UPnP share and it works for browsing but MediaMonkey insists on using my external IP address for serving the actual music so it does not work

before anyone asks, no I am not enabling loopback to work around this. This is a problem and should be fixed as an external IP should never be used to serve files locally.

Is there any way to change it so my computer's IP address is used. I can download the file manually if I grab the URL used for whatever music file I am playing and change the IP address used to the one my computer has and not the external one my ISP assigned to me.
Lowlander

Re: UPnP Server uses external IP to serve files

Post by Lowlander »

Can you detail your network setup and tell which version of MediaMonkey you're using?
Peke

Re: UPnP Server uses external IP to serve files

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please make two screenshots and add it here (if worried send them to me in PM as DL links).
1. Your windows explorer -> Network Listing where you see all the PCs and devices on LAN
2. Picture of MMW dropdown inside Server properties which show available IP addresses. Tools -> Options -> Media Server -> UPNP Server -> Server TAB
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts