[SOLVED] Configure near-empty audio files?

Community forum for discussions completely unrelated to MediaMonkey.

Moderator: Gurus

MMFrLife

[SOLVED] Configure near-empty audio files?

Post by MMFrLife »

Does anyone know of a program that you can "configure" to create a near-empty auidio file?
If I wanted to create a silent .mp3 that is a second or less.
This would be as opposed to using a program like Audacity and having to worry about quickly
starting and stopping at a desired moment.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Meander

Re: Configure near-empty audio files?

Post by Meander »

From a blank start in Audacity, go to Generate > Silence...

This gives you millisecond selection control over duration. Click OK and then Export Audio.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Thanks Meander!
I'll try that. Sounds like a good way. :wink:

I was just curious if there was a way to do it with minimal work.
I already created using Ocenaudio at lowest sample rate possible, mono channel, silence
via start/stop method, came out in milliseconds/0 bytes size. They are so small they
grey-out but can sill be scanned in and accessed.

I use them for things like using toolbar button "find in explorer" to access info/document folders referring to
my collection, artwork or music info in general. It's easier than always looking through the structure for that stuff.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
rivorson

Post by rivorson »

If a zero byte file is what you want then just open Notepad and choose Save As. Type a file name and add ".mp3" at the end. That will give you a zero byte file that can be scanned in to MM.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

:o Ah yes, the ole change-the-extension trick.
That tip is the tops! :wink:
Thanks, rivorson
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

On second thought, I think I'll stick to the other way.

It scans in fine and can be highlighted to click toolbar button. However, because it doesn't see it as a true audio file,
if you're not paying attention to what you are doing and accidentally double click on it, it locks MM up; have to kill process and restart.:(
But I appreciate it!
😜
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
@MMFrLife
It doesn't freeze MMW it just grays it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Hey Peke,
It froze mine, more than once. Let me test again, though.
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Ok, I tested again and it works fine. There must have been something going on with the state of my environment the first time I tried it.
Come to think of it, I was having an issue with a program/process hogging some memory around that time. It must have been interrupting the process.

At worst, if you accidentally click on either file .mp3 or .txt . > .mp3 while listening to a song, it will go to the next song in the list.
But that is normal/expected and a lot easier to live with. :wink:
😜
Peke

Re: [SOLVED] Configure near-empty audio files?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
THX for update I'm relieved.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts