Requests - Scan, Albums sorting

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

guillaume.costa

Requests - Scan, Albums sorting

Post by guillaume.costa »

Hi,

I use MMA in my car equipped with an head unit on which is connected an SSD of 500 GB.
I have nearly 17000 songs (mp3 and flac).
When MMA starts a libray scan is launched but it is extremely long.
The problem is that we don't have any visual to see the progress of the scan.
It would be great to have a progress bar or the number of scanned files upon total files -> example: 352/16542
It would be also great to have the possibility to view Albums sorting by Year.

Guillaume
Peke

Re: Requests - Scan, Albums sorting

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please give us bit more information on headunit and do any other application behave similar on startup?

MMA currently is dependent on system features to know when to initiate rescan an down engine is planned for MMA 2.0 which should improve vastly handling of external storage like HDDs.

Re sorting: can you elaborate a bit in MMW example how would you like that MMA show albums?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
guillaume.costa

Hi,

My headunit is a Carjoying (EU-JY-UL135N). It runs Android 5.1.1
I have plugged an SSD (500 GB) on the USB port with almost 200 GB of music.
Sometimes I add new music files on my SSD and when I launch MMA, a libray scan is launched a few seconds after MMA is started (which I think is normal) but the scan is way too long. I don't even know if it works because I don't have the patience to wait.
As you can see below on the photo of my headunit, there is a circle which rotates near the top that shows an in progress scan. It would be great that this circle was replaced by how many files has been scanned upon the total (example: 152/16542). With that, we could see the progression.

Regarding the view by albums, you can see below on the photo that I have selected an artist (Arctic Monkeys) and then I see all their albums. The problem is that we cannot sort albums by year. I think many of MMA users would like to sort by year the album view when we have selected an artist.

guillaume.costa

Hi,

My headunit is EU-JY-UL135N from Carjoying.
I use only MMA on the headunit.

Each time MMA initiates a rescan it seems that the scan never ends.
It would be better to replace the circle that is turning during the scan by a counter with the number of scanned files upon the total files (ex. 154/16541).
You can see on the capture below that I have chosen an artist (Arctic Monkeys) and MMA displays all the albums.
It would be great if we can sort albums by year.

Regards
Guillaume

rusty

Post by rusty »

Guillaume,

It's kind of strange that a scan occurs each time MM runs. Are there changes occurring to the media files outside of MMA or are you using MMA/MMW to sync?

Re. sorting: that's planned for MMA 2.0.

-Rusty
Peke

Post by Peke »

Are you using external HDD (e.g. USB attached) and not SDCard in the head unit? Few days ago I installed DE-JY-UL135N2 to a friend Toyota Yaris and all was flashing fast when using SDCard into right slot, but when Using back USB with External HDD it is same like yours. This is currently 'normal' behavior as described at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12237 (currently, unlike SD cards, MMA relies on Google's Media Service to scan USB drives each time it starts).

btw, is your device on Android 5.1.1 or on 4.4.4 and does it have 1GB or 2GB ram?
I'm also thinking to buy either DE-JY-UL128N2 (more discreet solution) or DE-JY-UL135N2
Best regards,
Peke
guillaume.costa

Hi,

Yes, I am using an external HDD.
My device runs Android 5.1.1 with 1 GB of RAM.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately there is no solution for that :( you should be able to browse USB using MMA FOLDER Browser. It will be in future MMA versions when we add our own scanner.

Have not answered me how do you like the device and which one would you buy DE-JY-UL128N2 or DE-JY-UL135N2 (Both are 2GB/32GB Versions)? Also have you connected DVR and Back Camera and I would like to connect my current Car DVR (it has yellow Video Out) and take benefit of Reverse camera?
Best regards,
Peke
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Just an update I have bought Dasaita HA2153-V640 (PX5 4GB RAM and 32GB NAND ROM) and it is working flawlessly, I already contacted manufacturer to add MMA into white listing so it do not get terminated on ACC OFF.

Hint: When you park in Garage a Sync Now shortcut on home screen simply sync me new music with one tap to device over WiFi making me one very happy monkey ;)
Best regards,
Peke