Will there be a way to change layouts?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Dan33185

Will there be a way to change layouts?

Post by Dan33185 »

Right now it appears the only way to view MM5 is using this layout:

I prefer the "text" layout, like so:

Am I not able to find this for some reason, or is it not implemented in MM5?
MMFrLife

Re: Will there be a way to change layouts?

Post by MMFrLife »

There is a way. I don't have it in front of me but click on something like "all tracks" in tree. Does the views menu button appear?
Somewhere when in the right vew it should be obvious. Or, right click on program menu and see if views are there (far right of top menu bar, 3 vert. dots).
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

it appears the button has gone missing
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Along the top you will see Home (icon) Music .. click on music. T^his gives you some options including album,alltracks etc. DClick on all tracks. Once that comes up an Icon shows up to the right of ALL TRACKS. clicking this will change layouts
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Got it figured out, thanks for the help everyone!
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

To expand for anyone else,
It seems to have disappeared in the image because the selection is resting on Music.

All that is required is a single click on All Tracks or arrow down to All Tracks from keyboard, then views button with dropdown arrow will apear
above file list to the right next to "Playing" pane.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
jiri

Post by jiri »

Note that we are open to suggestions re. how to improve the default layouts, i.e. which features you miss and use mostly. And also, MM5 is designed so that it's easy for Add-on developers to modify the looks, so it's possible to achieve any looks you prefer without any need for code modifications from us.

Jiri
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Thanks, Jiri.
What about the ability to move panes around? Like panel relocation in MM4.
Will that be implemented, eventually?
😜
Funkafonik

Post by Funkafonik »

jiri wrote:Note that we are open to suggestions re. how to improve the default layouts, i.e. which features you miss and use mostly. And also, MM5 is designed so that it's easy for Add-on developers to modify the looks, so it's possible to achieve any looks you prefer without any need for code modifications from us.

Jiri
Very excited finally having MM5 in testing mode! :D
At first glance, the only feature I seem to be missing is the Column Browser... is it still part of MM5?
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

funkafonik wrote:the only feature I seem to be missing is the Column Browser
Follow the instructions about the views button in this thread.
😜
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Many drag and Drop features of UI is disabled due the instability and will be added during the Alpha testing.

Like Jiri said and you just pointed out we are open to suggestions/critics and many aspects of MM5 are prone to changes like Rusty pointed in announcements.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Thanks, Peke.

I know toolbar buttons are coming, but when they do, please make one for "all tracks/List View". It's a little annoying with all tracks being tucked under
something, and it being the only way to access views menu button.

It's such a dramatically important view for "power users" (you know, those mad scientist users that are constantly tinkering). If I ever move away from it
or it ever goes away or disappears for some freak reason, I just want to be able to "always" have something there representin'. Kind of like a "blankie" for us
power users. :wink:
Last edited by MMFrLife on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
😜
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Also, I wanted to give thanks to a great feature (and the only one that "really" surprised me - mainly because I have never even thought of it),
adding custom sort order "numbers" to the columns. Seems like a little thing but how nice and unique, useful! :D

In addition, I love how easy it is now to move the columns around from the GUI.
Oh, and I forgot to add horizontal scrolling (L and R mouse wheel tilt), although, it seems slightly buggy. I'll have to mess around with it some more
though (could be mouse).
😜
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Are you going to re-implement the "Summary" column, ie. AlbumArtist|Album in "All Tracks" view.
I often use what was "Show Art with Details". Sorting on the Summary column used to group the album together. See attached output from v4 & v5.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104861308/MMv4.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104861308/MMv5.png

I can't quite follow the advise re "All Tracks" availability in V5. I can't get to "all tracks" view when I am in a filtered view, ie. Genre|Blues ... I am stuck in cover art view. The tool bar button (Simplified|List|Filtered view) is unavailable. I think I saw some talk about a workaround, but I can't find it.

What is the column "Artist Album" in the Column Chooser? ... ie. additional to "Album Artist"

The column sort numbers in superscript font, mention by MMFrLife; there is a way to set these? eg set the grid sorted to DateReleased|AlbumArtist

The cover art becomes overlaid in Art&Details when details are also displayed.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104861308/mm1.png

Is it possible to see full size cover art in a popup, from a row or from a matrix entry?

What's happening to the Classical Music node in the Media Tree? I see all my classical albums in Music|Composer. ... Not saying that this a bad thing BTW
When in Music|Composer All entries are stuck in AllTracks display, ie. no cover flow. ... Whereas if I go Music|Artist, I am stuck in coverflow.
I know that composer is a track attribute, rather than album one, but I used to be able to do this in MM V4.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
BoraBora

Post by BoraBora »

MMFrLife wrote:All that is required is a single click on All Tracks or arrow down to All Tracks from keyboard, then views button with dropdown arrow will apear
above file list to the right next to "Playing" pane.
Is it or will it possible to display both the filters (like in List Filter) and the album covers? Like this:

And can or will we choose the thumbnails size?