Open Stats Integration

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

jcfogerty

Open Stats Integration

Post by jcfogerty »

Ability to read/sync statistics with non-MM apps (like Clementine under Linux), or otherwise provide open source data integration.

This means if you play a song on Clementine, MM can read the lastplayed data from the Clementine database (SQLite) to update the MM database (what db type is that?).

Or make a utility (or add on) that allows open source users to access and use MM stats without having to manually generate a csv file in reports just to get our own info out of it. I would like to play my MM playlists while in Linux, and have the play stats (lastplayed, playcount) update like it does syncing a playlist using a phone with MMA.

In summary, an app that syncs like a device and that accepts the same stats from other apps. Since MM already has an android app (MMA), why not just update that app to broadcast track info via bluetooth. Computer users could then connect and download the stats info via bluetooth.
Lowlander

Re: Open Stats Integration

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can be enhanced through Addons thus this seems entirely feasible through an Addon.

MediaMonkey runs on SQLite as database.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Lowlander wrote:MediaMonkey can be enhanced through Addons thus this seems entirely feasible through an Addon.

MediaMonkey runs on SQLite as database.
In addition to above, Plugins would be the right way to access Clementine database. I'm even thinking to see if we can do something in MM to load additional/external SQLite DB and manipulate with it.

Regarding MM DB, this can be easily archived with scripts and Exported in almost any format that can be imported to other apps.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jcfogerty

Post by jcfogerty »

Great idea, Pavle.

There is this page for the database structure: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... _structure
It is current to MM3. Has it changed in MM4? I don't see anything in this structure that explains how to extract lastplayed or playcount using the songs table. If there was a way for novice db people like me to SQL data seamlessly between the two dbs, that would be great.

Another thought...what if you released just a simple Linux player available for all, but Gold users would have the added capability to synchronize their Linux stats with the MM db in the Windows partition? There are a lot of Linux users out there who love MM, and it could bring you Gold sales if you had that as a feature.
jcfogerty

Post by jcfogerty »

Peke wrote: Regarding MM DB, this can be easily archived with scripts and Exported in almost any format that can be imported to other apps.
Pavle, could you please explain this? I am only aware of a reports function, which is a slow and painful manual process.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I was reffering to scripts like http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... ed-report/ that can be made to export MM.DB in order that Clementine recognize format.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts