Various Artists should be more easily sortable

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

zarb0z

Various Artists should be more easily sortable

Post by zarb0z »

In the current MM, there's no easy way to identify compilations, and no easy way to sort an album (like a Soundtrack, for example) based on non-library criteria.

Case in point: if you sort by Artist in the library, your Soundtrack will appear as 1 album (with the same name) for every artist on the Soundtrack. That's potentially 16 different albums with 1 track each, unless you make a playlist to include all those songs, but then...see my previous post about Shuffling. :x

This behaviour is repeated on the sync'd device, which is impossible to deal with when driving. Can it be fixed, or is this a feature request?
Lowlander

Re: Various Artists should be more easily sortable

Post by Lowlander »

Sort on Album Artist instead (which should have the same value for all files on the Album).
zarb0z

Post by zarb0z »

OK, that would work if I manually made every artist on a Compilation "Various Artists," for example. That's one way to do it. I guess MM can't be responsible for whether a CD (or download) has the Album Artist correctly identified (or differentiated from Artist).

I'm OK doing that, but without a playlist exclusively for incoming music, it's hard to hunt down the album in question and manually change the Album Artist field.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can create a Playlist for each scan with the newly added files.